Family

Family

Monday, July 7, 2008

Girl's Camp!!!

I was SO lucky to get invited to be a leader at Girl's Camp for our church this past week. I was a YCL leader, which is over the 16-17 year olds. These girls are AMAZING!! We had 23 in all, with 4 leaders, but my camera battery was dead and I only caught these few pictures. Some of the other leaders are sending me a few other pictures, which I will post when I get them.
We had some crazy fun, but also had a lot of break through spiritual moments. They started to really see each other the way the Lord sees them, which caused them to react a little differently to each other.
Camp definitely came with it's sacrifices though. Lots of meetings and tons of prep work, and Will took the whole week off of work to stay with the kids. Luckily, he has his opportunity as well coming up in August when he goes on High Adventure with the boys for 4 days.
And I can't say enough about these other leaders. They were incredible. I am so grateful for all the opportunities the gospel provides for us to come closer to each other and closer to the Lord. We are so blessed!

3 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

You look great for being on a week long campout! It looks like you had a lot of fun and from what I heard the girls loved you!! Way to go! How are you so stinkin' tan already? Is that from Texas?

Crystal said...

looks like you guys had fun! girls camp IS a lot of work! i had to help plan for it when i was in YW's years ago. not fun. and how are you so crazy-tan right now? did you get that at camp?? my white butt needs some of that.

and how funny is THAT that our girls almost share a birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little girl!

Krissy Lowe said...

Seeing the spiritual growth that takes place at camp is what makes camp worth while. The girls are lucky to have had you. And I agree...you do look way to good to have been at camp for a week.