Is it any wonder that Grandpa Dunne wrote a song for Morgan titled, "Bright Eyes"? Isn't she just delicious?Yes, the tournament is done, and we survived. It went great and I'm sure I'll post a little something about it soon, but I missed my kids like crazy this weekend and THAT'S what I really want to blog about.
Little Morgie-doodle LOVES to take bathes. Sometimes twice a day. She'll stay in for an hour or so, or longer if I add more hot water. I guess it's my trade off for her not taking naps any more.
There is something priceless about listening to your child take a bath. She just plays and plays in her imagination. And who could miss out on a little good bath water to drink. (Are you cringing Dennese?)
And I love all the hugs and tickles and cuddles after bath time.
Love, love, love that little slice of heaven.
So.......Thanksgiving is this week. Tonight for Family Home Evening, we are talking about the First Thanksgiving and gratitude. I found this cool website that I thought I'd share. We are using it as part of our lesson tonight, but there are also games and stuff for kids as well.Check it out here!
Also, I thought this quote from Abraham Lincoln when he first declared Thanksgiving a holiday was very inspiring:
"The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God.
No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God.
It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and voice by the whole American people. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.
Abraham Lincoln, Ocotber 3, 1863
I know that our little family has SO MUCH to be grateful for. The Lord has blessed us in more ways than I could ever track, but I think He wants us to try.
I hope you all have a wonderful week of gratitude and family!
5 comments:
My "Bright Eyes" looks just a tinge blue in the after-bath pics. But, as long as you are both having a good time I guess it's okay. :) Grandpa
... and isn't the your "My Little Pony" in the bath with her? It's nice you're sharing, Dear.
Dad
Sorry - Typo above: "... and isn't THAT your MLP ..."
What an amazing quote. It's so true, it's critical we thank and recognize all that HE has done for us. I heard a quote the other day, 'To not express gratitude is actually ingratitude.' That hit me. Gratitude, similar to faith is an action word. It compels us to act. Loved your post. You're pretty wonderful! I am so blessed to call you friend. Happy Thanksgiving!
Funny story about that video. We had to take it down cause evidently the couple that says they are thankful for "doughnuts and muffins" were using street slang for drugs. I laughed really hard when I heard that...
Post a Comment