Family

Family

Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Weekend at the Lake!!

Is it me, or has the weather been AMAZING!! We headed out to the Lake House Friday afternoon with the plan of coming back in Saturday evening. Well, we got home Monday around 10am. We just couldn't leave (except Will who came in just to teach a lesson at church). The picture above is us leaving with the big kids on a kayak adventure down the outlet of the lake. It was so beautiful!!
Here we are back at the Steel bridge (remember pumpkin dropping over Thanksgiving??). This bridge is the height of the Space Needle in Seattle, which just begs to have something thrown off it. The pumpkins were so incredible (KA-BOOM!) but we thought we'd try the watermelons and a 10lb bag of flour. Very cool!! But the pumpkins take the cake still. Polly and Wade, our good friends joined us on Saturday.
This is a different bridge, an old abandoned railroad bridge that is even taller, WITH NO SIDES!!! Just the adults ventured out on this one. You have to be in person to get what guts it takes to walk on this one.
What would a weekend on the lake be with out some tubing!!
We can never express how grateful we are for such an amazing place to go visit just 35 minutes away. Mornings on the lake are some of the most spiritual moments I feel. Gotta love nature! What a wonderful weekend!!

6 comments:

Michael + Anna Costa said...

ohmygosh - everytime I go to your blog, your on vacations! Looks like you had a blast. I'm jealous - I LOVE the cabin! By the time we get there in November it's going to be COLD!!

xoxo,
Anna

Unknown said...

So my question is how much money, or (Friendship dues) does it take to get to go there!! :) Man that looks fun. I'm glad you guys are having a fun summer. We are too, maybe I'll actually make it to church this summer. hehe j/k Have fun!!

Crystal said...

gorgeous!!! love the lake pictures! it's sounds like the PERFECT place to be right now.

ps...glad you like the music ;)

Jana said...

You look so great. And the pics are gorgeous. We loved Spokane. I think I could totally live there. And that is so cute of Morgan walking a few post down!! I have been seriously out of the blogging world for almost a month! Girls Camp sounds super too. Glad it was you. :)

The Woolf Pack said...

Looks like fun! The old railroad bridge made my stomach turn (I have a fear of heights). We will miss you guys!! Cheyenne, by the way, you have fabulous Abs!

Krissy Lowe said...

That looks like such a fun trip. Peaceful, beautiful, good family times- what more could you want. And by the way you look fabulous.