Lots of pictures to come......we had a fantastic weekend! I haven't really mentioned it at all, but I have been training really hard for a Triathlon all summer long. Yes, I work out normally, but that didn't save me much my first few times in the water and on the bike. Trust me, I had my work cut out for me. The race was a 1/4 mile swim, 13 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run.
Relief Society in spandex and goggles....it was quite the sight. But my darling friend Bonnie always looks cute!
At the transition between swim and bike.
And off I go on the bike!
Afterwards, we did a Kid's Triathlon as well.....which was SO CUTE!! They have been watching us train all summer, so it was perfect!
Here they go, some a little more eager than others.
Peyton coming on off the swim.
Deaven getting ready for his ride.
This got out of order....this was just after they were done. Are they not the funniest little things ever!? There we about 12 kids that did it.
Passing eachother on their run.
On the bike.....
And Morgan was a pretty good girl for all this racing stuff. She was just about done here. She had a nice little nap in the car while we just hung out at the lake for the rest of the afternoon.Then on Sunday, after church, Will and I ditched the kids and headed up to Mt. Rainer for a 6.5mile day hike.
We did the Tolmie Peak Hike and it was beautiful. Of course the pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.
Heading out on the trail.
Can you even believe the clearity of the water in the picture below?? It was incredible!!
This was at the top of the fire look out. Rainer had a few clouds lingering around the top. You could also see Mt. St. Helens as well.
This was looking over the valley back to I-5. You could see all the way out, maybe 40+ miles.
We also had a little chipmunk eating out of our hand at the top, but I missed including the picture. Whoops!
It was such a wonderful weekend! Busy, but really fun!!
7 comments:
Hey Cheyenne! It's Jennifer Morris from Sprague. It was great to stumble across your blog. Looks like you're doing well with a cute little fam. I'm living down in Arizona now and love it. I think it's super cool you did this triathlon. I volunteered for The Ironman Triathlon a couple years ago and triathletes are amazing! Anyway, just thought I would say hi! Jennifer
Cheyenne how noble you are to not put that you won the race!! ;) You deserve to be #1 girlfriend!! That was quite the eventful day right??! haha Love you girl. Heather
That is awesome that you won the race! Way too go! I am sad that we moved before the triathalon. What a great idea to bring the RS ladies together and do something healthy and fun. Maybe next time we are up visiting Washington we could all go hiking, we never got to do that with you guys.
oh my gosh, cheyenne!! SERIOUSLY. you are amazing! i would be dead half-way through something like this. actually, i'd just drown. i am a HORRIBLE swimmer! i admire you. GOOD JOB, CHICK!! and i think that's really neat that you get the whole family involved. way to keep those kiddos active!
and thanks for you comments. i'm feeling great, actually. no sickies over here! HORRAY!!!
You are amazing. How do you even find the time to do all that?!!! You are an inspiration to all of us. And I love all the gorgeous pics!
wow looks like you guys had so so so much fun! I am amazed with your athletic abilities. Your kids are really cute too!
I'm so happy to find your blog again after we lost all our "favorites" in the great computer hardrive crash of 2008. What a totally rockin' sprint TRI! You are looking amazing, girl! Well done on all counts!
Love,
~Natalie
Post a Comment