Family

Family

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Precious Solo, 1996-2009

Last night, our precious Solo finally decided it was time to go home. The look in his eyes simply told us he was done. He was almost 14 and had defide the odds for several years. Will got Solo at 6 weeks old, long before we had met. The first time I went to Will's house, I turned down the street to find Will at the end of the cul-de-sac, surrounded by kids, with Solo doing a little show for them.
Solo has been an amazing companion to us and has been ever patient and kind with our kids. It is no stretch to say Solo was the best dog ever. He will be deeply missed, but we can't help but smile to think of him being in heaven, pain free, just waiting for us to come home.......like he always did.

























Solo was there for me when I had no one else. He patiently waited when I met Chey, and he waited even more when the next, and the next and the last child came. And now he is gone and I smile at how wonderful and loving he was to everyone. Tears come to my eyes when I think about how much I will miss that wonderful, wonderful dog. Unconditional love, forgiveness, and loyalty, an angel, a heavenly example to me. I love you Solo. Good-bye Friend.

Will Hayes, your Master.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, we're so sorry for your loss. He was obviously a dear, loved friend. Such a sweet doggie. Sending hugs.

The Woolf Pack said...

What a sweet dog. The pictures of him with the kids are priceless. I'm sorry he is gone now.

neeleys in olympia said...

I am so sad-dogs have always been a big part of our family as yours obviously. I will miss seeing him!

shawn said...

So sorry guys! We remember when Willie lost him for a bit when he was a puppy and was so glad to get him back. Great photos, especially the one of Deaven laying on him on the dock.

neecy said...

Crazy, crazy dog! I can't believe him in the crib with Deaven. We will really miss his always genuine and polite greeting, patiently waiting for any food to drop to the floor, and collecting rocks from the lake. A companion like that is truly unreplacable.

Hazel's mom said...

Well, now I've had my morning cry. We had a faithful, loving golden for about 13 years too. We'll miss seeing Solo at the mail box. Great Nickel Creek song to say goodbye.

Momma Sarah said...

We will miss Solo, too. He was THE best dog, wasn't he? Love and hugs!

Amanda said...

Oh i'm soo sad to here he passed:( He was such a sweet dog:) my mom said she will miss seeing him outside! My thoughts are with you!!

Julie Golinghorst said...

So sad to see you lost Solo. What a sweet tribute to him!!!! Enjoyed catching up on your posts...good luck with the remodeling! I hope we get to come eat there again one day!!! :) Love Jules