Family

Family

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend at Polly's Cabin

Will and I had a wonderful weekend get-a-way with some friends up in the mountains this weekend. Polly and Wade (the couple that just got married) have a cabin up by Cle Elm, WA and invited us and our good friends John and Dea to come hang for the weekend.
It was pretty fantastic to have dropped the kids at school in the morning on Friday, and be up on top of the mountain playing on snowmobiles by 1:00pm.
It was a beautiful day and we had some good times!
Will and I were loving a little bit of time to play with OUR friends, and act like kids ourselves.
We did a few puzzles while we were at the cabin, which is something I love, but I mean, seriously, when on earth would a mom of three sit down to work on a puzzle. Not really part of my life right now.
In the morning, Will and Wade headed out for a 30+ mile snowmobile ride to map out some of the area around the cabin. Polly and I laid around, talked about girl stuff and then went for a walk. No diapers, no breakfast for masses......just chillin'.
When the guys got back, John and Dea had arrived and we spent some time down at the Club House playing ping-pong, pool and Foosball.

I absolutely have some of the best friends in the world. I am grateful everyday for the friendships in my life.
John and Dea went for a nice calm walk, but were quickly swayed into sledding with Will and I instead. (some entertaining videos at the bottom)

A huge thank you to Polly and Wade for letting us stay at their place and being the great friends they are. We hope for many more trips to the cabin!
When we got back into town, we stopped by the restaurant to check things out. The stone on the Grill wall had been put in after we left on Friday. Here are a few pictures. We still haven't put the lights in or finished a few things, but you definitely get the idea.

Sledding is always more hysterical when you are in the moment...........

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Did you really say "just chilin'? Too funny!!!! Looks like an awesome time.

5Youngers said...

Looks like a fabulous, relaxing and adventurous weekend.