This past weekend we took the kids sledding at Snoqualmie with the Bair family AND with my brother Taylor and his girlfriend Bobbie.
We had never been before and we were glad to have the chance to check it out. 12 lanes the length of a football field and a tow rope back up to the top of the hill.
So nice to have kids big enough that they can just take off and play with out constant supervision.
I made a mistake on part of Morgan's snow clothes and she was a little cold. I felt terrible. She made it through, but I might be hearing about this day in some counseling sessions in about 16 years.
Madison and Kylee Bair are just a bit younger than Deaven and a few years older than Peyton and they are always so great with Peyton (who adores them).
Morgan's favorite "Bair" is Carter, who is just a little older and likes to take care of Morgan.
Home from sledding we hit the Karaoke Machine for awhile. Taylor added in some pretty sweet dance moves. My kids have the best uncles ever.We then grabbed some dinner and walked around downtown for a bit.
Sunday we went to church and Taylor and Bobbie came down into Primary with me, which was fun.
Taylor and Bobbie brought a few Christmas gifts for the kids (as if they aren't already adored). You gotta love Morgan's smile below. Reminds me of our family pictures.
The BIG NEWS though is that after much asking and excitement, Peyton (aka: our whole family) got a small guitar. She is BEYOND excited!! It's all she can even think about right now. She is going to be taking lessons after school for awhile on Thursdays.
Peyton wanted to play all night, which we had to put the ka-bosh on. Your fingers take awhile to break in to the steel strings. But she did manage to get some lullaby's sung to Morgan.
I am excited to play it a bit too. I love it being a smaller size. It still sounds amazing. I love that our kids are learning a few instruments with in our home. I'm glad that so far WE can teach them these and we don't have to add YET ANOTHER activity to our already full schedule. Plus, who really plays the clarinet after high school anyway?
2 comments:
Crack me up with the clarinet comment. :) The last photo is priceless!!!! It doesn't get any better than the fab family time you've been having. Any other tips on the sledding? We're going in a couple of weeks with the YMCA.
I love that Peyton is learning the guitar now, at a younger age! She is going to develop skills fast. You guys always have so much fun!
Post a Comment