Family

Family

Monday, September 5, 2011

Let the Games begin!

I'm sure every child out there would hate me for saying this, but I am actually READY for school to start. NOT because I want to ship my kids off, but because in some regards, I feel we are more successful as a family when we have some sort of a routine.

We have had an amazing summer. We crammed so much in. I feel like we squeezed it for all it was worth.......which may be why I'm okay with school starting.

Here are a few pics I've not posted before.
Just a fun family picture, but I love the way Morgan looks all snuggled in. Reminds me that one of my primary responsibilities as a parent it to keep my kids feeling safe, loved and secure.
Grace, who I've mentioned before (my racquetball buddy who recently started playing and training here in WA) has become a huge part of my life. She lives an hour away, so we don't see each other more than a few times a month, BUT........everyone once in awhile someone drops into your life that you just love immediately. You are comfortable as if you've been friends for years. I told Will the other day that it was only after being around Grace a few times that I knew she was going to be a "lifer". Love that girl!! We got to spend a day at the lake the last weekend, which was priceless.
Mmm......my kids. To be honest, #3 has been SO HARD since we got home. I think school will be good for her too. She's been threatening to run away lately.....at four. So much for snuggled security.

Deaven and Peyton keep Will and I's hearts stretching as the grow up into wonderful people. They are funny, talented, caring and play such a huge part in this family. We feel so blessed (and sometimes so scared) to be raising such amazing kids.
Speaking of parenting, the kids have been working on setting their personal goals for the school year. This morning, I asked the kids to think today about what I, as their Mom, could do to be a better Mom and to help them achieve their goals better this year. I'll get my answers tonight. Should be interesting.

Peyton lost a tooth last night. I, had full intentions of ensuring the Tooth Fairy made her visit, but.........life happened. Will quietly pulled things together and before I knew it, the Tooth Fairy HAD indeed left some money, along with a letter......that I just have to share. Sorry baby!! (Oh, and once the girls realized the Tooth Fairy had JUST come, Morgan went tearing around the house saying, "We gotta find her".

Dear Peyton,

So sorry to miss your tooth last night. I have been so busy. I usually do not write letters, but you are so sweet. The sweeter you are the more close I can get to you, even though you can not see me. I want you to know that your parents love you very much. Be a good sister and always say your prayers. From a princess fairy to a real princess, may all your dreams come true. Sorry, but to keep my wings flying I must take this tooth. I use the tooth dust to keep me invincible and the dust helps me fly. Maybe someday you will e a tooth fairy princess too (wink, wink).

Love,
The Tooth Fairy


1 comment:

FofoNation said...

It was such a blessing to spend Friday & Saturday with you! I love you too! So happy that our lives have crossed paths and to call you a "lifer" friend in my book as well!!! I'm pretty much a lobster from this weekend, but it was well worth it. :)