Family

Family

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mommy Success

Everyone once in awhile, after all the failed attempts of projects and ideas with your kids, you hit the JACKPOT!!  This was one of those days.

I knew we had a Saturday Cleaning Day ahead of us (it was long over due) and we needed, as a family, to plug in a few hours around the house.  Lots of small jobs.  So I printed out a BINGO game board, then wrote all the little chores on index cards (like whipping down the kitchen chairs, cleaning the tracks on the sliding door, etc).  After I labeled all the cards, I printed a second game board and cut the pictures out and glued them to the back of the chore cards.  Each kid had a Bingo board and would choose chores to do.  Once the chore was inspected by Mom and Dad, they got to flip over their card and mark it on their boards.

Once the kids had gotten Bingos, they BEGGED to go for a blackout!!!  I couldn't believe it.  Of course we were rocking out to good tunes and made a family treat run to the store after the chores were done.

The kids asked when we were going to do it again, lol!!  Um, soon!

1 comment:

secwalker said...

That's an awesome idea, thanks for sharing it!