Family

Family

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The House Floods!!

Early one morning, about 5:45am, Will and I both started to hear a sound that we couldn't identify.  Sprinklers, someone in the shower??  I finally got up and started for downstairs.  Before I even got to the bottom of the stairs, I could hear gushing of water splashing on more water.  I yelled for Will and turned the corner for the kitchen and immediately started wading through water.  The water was POURING out from underneath the kitchen sink.  I reached under and turned the water off and could not believe my eyes.  We were inches deep in water through all of our kitchen, dining room and hallway, with the carpets starting to get soaked.  Turns our the pipe to our dishwasher burst and it had been pouring for 10-15 minutes.  We got the water back up and at immediately but the damage had already been done.  We ended up losing all of our hardwood floors and some of our carpet.
 We lived on plywood for about a month while the insurance company and installers worked everything out.  We couldn't stop mentioning how lucky we got and how much worse the damage could have been.  We caught this with in minutes.
After a long month, we had our new floors installed and we love them......so it all worked out but it was quite a reminder that anything can happen at any time, so be ready and be grateful!!

No comments: