Family

Family

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dinner Ideas Please!

Okay everyone, I need some help. Am I the only one that feels I make the same-thing-for-dinner EVERY night? I don't, I really don't, but boy it feels like it. I could really use some new ideas that are time and family friendly. With owning the restaurant, we have endless ingredients at our finger tips, but the creative juices have been sucked out of my brain I guess. I'm not even asking for recipes, just dinner ideas. Here are the top five dinners in the Hayes House........
1. Home made Tacos
2. Chicken Parmesan with Fettuccine Alfredo
3. BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
4. Breakfast with Veggie Hash browns
5. BBQ Lemon Chicken (thanks Mom!)
So I would LOVE to hear what your top five are. And maybe any ideas you do to keep family dinners a success in your family. Where do you get your new ideas? Thanks for the help!

12 comments:

Hillary said...

Two words: Crock Pot! So glad to find you here, Cheyenne! Your family is absolutely beautiful (no surprise there!!).

I love making things in that little gadget...get a couple of cookbooks and you'll be in heaven. I like to prepare stuff in bulk for a week on one day (all the chopping & measuring), put it into baggies, then pull it out each morning and do whatever last-minute prep there is to do (browning, etc.) but usually this takes 10-15 minutes and I'm done. I'm sure your mornings are crazy with the kiddos...but maybe after you send them off to school/naps??

Crystal said...

hahaha!! it looks like we're both on the computer right now. i just glanced back at my blog and noticed you left a comment. ;) you're awesome, and fast! i just posted that. love it!! blogging's great! a.k.a...my outlet during the day, and my connection to the outside world. lol!

i love your new blog colors! how did you do that?? i am computer retarded i've decided. i need lessons from you.

in regards to dinner...i suck! cooking is so NOT my favorite thing to do. dinners around here are anything but fancy, let me tell ya! i'm curious to see what ideas people have for you. i'll keep checking back...

Andrew and Bonnie Jill said...

M&M's
Cookies
Cake
Ice Cream...okay for real we like taco spaghetti, stuffed chiken, and soups in the crock pot!!

Lutz Family said...

Who can even think about dinner with those STRIPES!!! I feel sick to my stomach. Just teasing! LOL The colors really are purdy.... Well, I am going to start at my boring blog page for a minute and head to bed. Love Love!!

Lutz Family said...

Here's my dinner idea...

Voice in the box: Welcome to (?) May I take your order?

Me: Sure, I will have.....

Voice in box: Thanks! Pull forward please!

Me: Terrific! Thanks!

Michael + Anna Costa said...

I am in the same rut too! Here are my regulars

1. Enchiladas (similar to gma dee's but with my own flair)
2. Tacos
3. Rissotto with chicken & broccolli if have it
4. Pigs in a blanket (we've been o.ding on those lately)
5. Spagetti with caremlized onions and peppers, goat cheese & chicken in a tomatoes sauce.

xo!

secwalker said...

Hey Chey. I don't cook enough to have favorites (sad face). But I did make some chile tacos the other night that were pretty yummy. Just rub some flank steak with a mixture of chile powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cinnamon. Broil or grill until done and then slice up and put in warmed tortillas with sauteed bell peppers. yum.

Momma Sarah said...

Arnold Top 5:

1- Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole w/ mixed veggies (we change it up and swop out noodles for rice sometimes)
2- BBQ!/bbq meatballs w/ rice
3- Hawaiian haystacks
4- Nachos
5- Enchiladas (chicken, potatoe, or beef)

Sometimes I try to go with a 'theme' of the week (i.e. chicken or Mexican) you get the idea.

Hope those give you some ideas!

Hugs! (p.s. I'm just about ready to make the jump to create our own blog... I keep lurking on everyone else's to get ideas...)

The Woolf Pack said...

We have a few fam favorites.
*Sticky Chicken (a little more prep work but we love it)
*Crock pot chicken/salsa soft tacos
(that one is EASY! cooks while we
are at church)
*Stir-fry veggies with rice
*homemade meatballs (I put pureed squash in that, it is yummy!)
I did a recipe exchange with a bunch of people in Omaha, so if you want some more just let me know. I love the new background!

Michelle said...

Bryan's sister is going to start a recipe blog. Are you interested in joining?

Michelle said...

So I guess I would say our top 5 are:

chicken enchiladas
crock pot roast w/potatoes & carrots
salmon or tilapia w/steamed veggies
breakfast burritos
taco soup (from crock pot)

By the way, the new recipe blog is www.eatyourheartoutrecipes.blogspot.com
Please post your recipes so I can try them out!

lindsay and mark said...

Here are my top 5:

1. Thai Peanut Chicken -- just marinate chicken in soy sauce for 10 minutes, throw in a skillet and add peanut sauce and coconut milk. Add cocktail peanuts, carrots and whatever veggie you like. Serve over rice.

2. Teriyaki Chicken -- same thing just with Teriyaki sauce.

3. Zesty herb chicken (get a sauce packet!) Substitute the water with pineapple juice and serve with a wild rice.

4. Spaghetti -- oh how I could eat this every day.

5. Chilli and cornbread! (I always refused to eat this when I was little, but I love it now)