Family

Family

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I witnessed a miracle...

Yesterday, I witnessed a miracle. Thanks to my darling friend Dennese, my 4 year old daughter was at a play date, and then I borrowed Dennese's 7 year old boy to come play with mine. While Deaven and Korban where engrossed in Lego building in his room, Morgan, my 12 month old, went down for a nap. That was when the miracle began. I started to clean my house, and it was the weirdest thing. As I cleaned (are you sitting down for this) my house actually STAYED clean as I went. No bringing out the arsenal of toys (that make your house more crazy) just to entertain the baby, no sweeping in circles in the kitchen to avoid your child who thinks they see snack time being served, no figure prints on the newly cleaned windows, or trying to not suck up your childs fingers under the vacuum cleaner they are fascinated with. No stopping every five minutes to change a diaper, serve a drink, stop a fight, or run to the elementary school to pick someone up. It was truly a miracle, and I was in heaven. I actually ENJOYED cleaning my house. I had no idea such a thing existed. Yeah for the little miracles in our lives!!

3 comments:

The Dudley Family said...

As any mom knows, that is a true miracle! Love the new look of the blog.

Crystal said...

WOW!!! that IS a miracle! LOVE days like those.

The Woolf Pack said...

I love a clean house, you can't beat it. Maybe messing it up would be more fun if we took part in it? Who knows...