- President Hinkley took what he DID seriously, but didnt' take HIMSELF too seriously.
- He had kindness in his eyes. (Wouldn't you love to have someone say that about you?)
- Of all the things we can do to TEACH our children the gospel, the most important thing we can do it simply LIVE it ourselves.
- "Have fun, but in so doing, be humble and prayerful, so that the heavens may smile upon you".
- Everyone once in awhile, God creates a giant among men. Hinkley was a giant.
- "Why don't you do better at getting the gospel down into their hearts".
- Just do your best, YOUR best.
- His optimism stemmed from his unwaivering devotion to the Savior.
- President Hinkley didn't seek his position of leadership, but he also did not shy away from it.
- Dusty road or beautiful palace, President Hinkley could connect and communicate with EVERYONE.
- "I know I have not come along this road alone".
- In all his sorrows (cancer and wife's death), he would go to the Lord with his sorrows, which allowed a deeper sense of compassion and love, and then put on his shoes and went back to work.
- Nothing better than people of power offering private kindness.
Thank you President Hinkley for all the words of wisdom and living your life in such an amazing way. You made us all want to be just a little better.
1 comment:
Wasn't that an amazing service, Mark & I were tearful almost the entire time!(Mark will probably not like that I said that) He was an amazing man and prophet and will be greatly missed, but it will be exciting to have President Monson take his place. I love that our church is a house of order, it makes the transition so seamless!
Post a Comment