Family

Family

Friday, April 4, 2008

Sorry girls! This man is mine!

Little funny story...........I went to work last night ready to make some big bucks. Will had given me a heads up that there were some people working he kind of wanted me to work with and coach a little. So I start doing that and Daniel (my other server) tells me which section I'll be taking for serving. I start seating some guest and check that my reservation that is coming in at 6:00 was ready in the banquet room. We were all good! It was gonna be a good shift!! AND THEN WILL SHOWED UP.

So he asks if he can talk to me in private in the office. Of course, I agree, and we head to the office.......

He sits me down in the office chair and gets on his knees. He starts telling me wonderful things about the way he feels about me and how grateful he is to have me as his wife, etc. It's VERY sweet. At this point, I am thinking I am going to get kidnapped again (Remember Valentine's Day??), so I ask him what the kids and him are out doing (A husband doesn't volunteer to leave the house with three kids with out his wife for fun, right??!!). He said they were out running errands to pick a few things up for my birthday, which is today (Friday). So I said, "Well, than I guess I'm not going with you" to which he said, "You can, they don't really need you out front, we have extra people".

We decided that I was going to stay so he could do his "thing" with the kids and I could go back to making some cash for the fam. So we go back out front and Will casually walks with me towards my section, near the banquet room, and.........(Do you know where this is going now!!!)

SURPRISE!!!!!

The 6:00 reservation was for me!!! While we were in the office, some close friends and family piled into the banquet room, with like 114 kids, and BAM! I was SHOCKED!!! I cried. I had NO idea in the slightest!! He got me good! (Thanks Bonnie for helping!!!)

The kids didn't really get the whole concept of me not knowing. Will didn't tell them to AFTER I left for work, which was definitely smart.
Wish I would have worn something a little cuter than a black apron!!

My Dad and Taylor drove all the way up from Oregon just for dinner, and then drove back. Now that is love. Okay, maybe Izzy's is worth the 3 hour drive........Actually, love might be the family that gave me the Costco size box of Oreos!! (These people know me well!)
It was so great. I am so lucky to have Will, who tries his hardest to keep me smiling and feeling appreciated. He is a wonderful husband!! Thank you to my friends and family that are so special to me. I feel SO blessed!!

Thank you Will. You are amazing!!


8 comments:

lindsay and mark said...

Happy Birthday! I was tempted to type out the words to a birthday primary song, but then I realized that if I did that, then the song would be stuck in my head all day. ANYWAY -- hope you're having a great day! =)

Amber said...

How fun, Will is so thoughtful. Looks like you had a good time. It's nice for Will he gets to get the whole rest. involved in these little events, very cool. Happy Birthday

The Woolf Pack said...

Will is so great. He did a great job at keeping everything a surprise. We hope you had fun at your birthday party! Your the best! :)

Julie Golinghorst said...

Happy Birthday Chey!!! Hope your tournament went well and I really am glad I got to catch you on your big day! Loved going through your blog...you have a beautiful family and life. I am so happy for you. Miss you Love You. Jules

Shalyse said...

happy birthday! how fun to be totally surprised, those are the best! nice work Will! :-)

Crystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! what a fun night! :) surprises are the VERY BEST!

Momma Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! What a GREAT surprise!!!! Will is a keeper!

Michael + Anna Costa said...

That is SO sweet!! Happy Birthday!!

xoxo