Family

Family

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random thoughts.........

I am always looking for quick little treats for FHE (or a party, ward gathering, or teacher appreciate week which is this week... FYI) that is EASY to make, and that maybe I even have tall the ingredients in the house, Yesterday I got a good one. I'm sure you all probably already have a recipe for something like this, but if not, here ya go (the picture is not the exact one I used):
SMORE BARK:
Melt 1 9oz pkg of Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate Melts in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir still melted. Spread 3/4 chocolate over wax paper on baking sheet. Sprinkle with mashed graham crackers, mini marshmellows and drizzle with remaining chocolate. Cool for about 1 hour in fridge. (You could mix this up with crushed Oreo or carmels and nuts, etc)

I am addicted to Emerald City Smoothies (so is Will). Too bad they are a little pricy. I hit this place often when I am done with the gym. The smoothies are SO GOOD, and about 375-400 calories. It's my lunch, and it's amazing that it really sticks in you till dinner. Love 'em!! Mountain Berry Blast is my pick!
This is what I'm listening a lot too right now; Liona Lewis. She's the girl that was on American Idol a few weeks back. Her whole CD is really great. She in the Carrie Underwood, Mariah Carey, Joss Stone genre'. She's got a great voice, but it's her actual songs that are written really well. I'm guessing this one is gonna be around for awhile. A few of her songs are on my blog right now.
This just made me laugh, because in desperation I handed Morgan a granola bar in the car the other day. When I went back to get her once we got to our destination, I instantly thought, "What was I thinking"? Her face isn't bad, but the granola bar is crumbled ALL over her and in her seat. Ever had a moment like that? Was I really THAT desperate? Uh, probably.
And this is just a shot across our street this morning. We live in a great neighborhood and often get deer 100 feet from our front door. Gotta love the Northwest!!

5 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

Granola bars always seem like a desperate choice for kids, because they are so darn messy. I called you back and Will said instead of leaving a message with him (he said he is bad about giving them to you) I should leave it on your blog. I would love to participate next Saturday. I will call for more info! I'm excited!

Michelle said...

I love Leona Lewis...she is awesome!

Lutz Family said...

Hey loser face! LOL Thanks for the dig on my page... "although you never comment back!" Just for that you will get a comment on EVERYTHING! :) Happy Mother's day... I like your deer! :) There were two deer on the freeway the other morning that stopped up traffic for 25 minutes. They had to stop everyone and direct them off to the side. The news had fun.. the teaser to watch the program was " a deer in the headline." Haha...By the way- I emailed Erika and asked her to add the both of us on the blog. :) TTFN!

Krissy Lowe said...

Love the random thoughts. Those treats look so yummy, but I probably should be going to the gym and drinking the smoothies instead.

Crystal said...

mmmmmmmm. that little chocolate goodie looks DELISHHHH! i may have to try that sometime. and i still need to buy that cd. in the meantime i'll just be chillin' to her songs on your blog. ;)