Family

Family

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it Snow!!!

First, I have to really give Will some credit. He has been SO HELPFUL to me over the past several months with my knee problem. He is always quick to pitch in around the house, but recently, he has often done more than his share and I just wanted to say THANKS!
Yesterday, luckily, was a somewhat uneventful day with Morgan, other than her trying to see how far she can pull our eye lids over our head, opening a few Christmas presents, and trying to put Will's contacts in her eye.
But with the 7 inches of snow we have gotten, the kids are out of school. They played outside for hours! This is them trying to roll a snowball from our house to Forrest's (Deaven's friend that lives 5 houses away).
Gotta love being a kid on a snow day!!
Will and I got in on the action too. While the kids watched a Christmas movie last night, we snuck across the street and did a few sledding runs in the buss tubs Will brought home from the restaurant. Will even got some air on a few jumps.
As much as we enjoy playing in it, this weather is not the best for Izzy's. So we can be blamed for trying to pray the snow away. Sorry guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few thoughts:
1) I would diagnose Morgan as having 3rd child syndrome. Just wait til the hair-cutting phase begins. :)
2) Things I miss about Izzy's: trade-outs, pizza on demand, easy-access groceries, being able to donate gc's, and ranch dressing. Things I will NEVER miss: praying about weather and play-off games, middle of the night alarm calls, and going to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas to check for frozen pipes or floods.
Now we just pray about the stock market, but frozen pipes aren't our problem, ha ha.

Katie said...

Horray for snow days! I love them...I even got to skip work on Tuesday because of it. :)

The Woolf Pack said...

Love the snow, but hate it at the same time. If we could ski everyday then I would love it all the time.
That's great that you got to sneak out and do some "tubbing". You guys are too much fun!

Momma Sarah said...

The snow is fun, I just wish it wasn't so cold. And, if the snow could just stay on the trees and grass, not any sidewalks or streets... that would be GREAT!