Peyton has become quite the little reader in the last year, but her favorite thing to do is to read to someone else (and show the book like the teacher does). It is always precious to see her read to Morgan, who amazingly actually sits still to listen.
Dad and Morgan enjoying one of our yard frogs, that start jumping out of the grass like crazy when Will is mowing the lawn.
Last Friday, Bonnie, Dennese and I took our little kids to Playwise, at the Children's Museum. It was a cute, one hour, FREE session, but was mostly a good excuse for us Moms to get together and go out to lunch.
The self started ring around the rosie I'm sure was appreciated by the CEO's at the table to our left.
This whole week the weather is suppose to be amazing. Into even the 90's!! So last night we had Family Home Evening downtown at the park.
It was a beautiful night!
Will was CRACKING me up!! I had packed towels and extra clothes because I knew we would hit the fountain too, so we had our huge beach bag. Will carried it everywhere we went, but said he felt like he was "running away from home" or something. If you know Will's humor......it was hysterical.
We headed over to the fountain, where I knew it would be a matter of minutes before the kids were soaked.
I loved watching Peyton trying so hard to figure out the pattern of the shooting water.......which changed like every 30 seconds.
We had a great time!!
We love Olympia!! Beautiful evening downtown and we had the whole place to ourselves.
Can I have a pity party for a second..........My knee. Sheesh! So....last fall, my right knee suffered SEVERE tendinitis mid-October, which ended up taking me out of any physical activity for 4 months, including of course Racquetball (which was especially frustrating because last year was going to be maybe my break through year. Ever since I starting competing, I've been pregnant or nursing almost the whole time. Despite those set backs, I actually was able to hang around the #3/#4 spot in the state. So last year was going to be my year to really try to push for #1. Then I got hurt. Bummer.). So after much rehab, I got back into the swing of things in the late spring of this year and dabbled a bit over the summer, being SO CAREFUL of my knee. Seemed like it was going great. August 1st-2nd I was hosting a HUGE women's tournament that I would get to also play in and hopefully start my season of redemption.......but three days before the event, my OTHER KNEE starting killing me. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I cried, and then cried some more. Off and on all August, my knee gave me troubles and now I have stripped down to doing NOTHING other than swimming with my arms only, and lifting some weights for my upper body. I avoid the stairs if possible, ice two or three times a day, eat IBP like it's candy and am REALLY hoping that in the next month or so I can pull this around before I miss the whole season again. Physical Therapy doesn't offer me any additional suggestions, so we will see what happens. First tournament for me is actually the one I run here in Olympia, November 20-22nd. So, here's hoping. I didn't think my body would give out on me so early!!
Okay. I'm done for now. Thanks for listening.
7 comments:
That is SO sad for you. I know its just so disappointing, we all know you are number one despite it all.
I love your pictures...playing in the water looks so fun. Hope your knee heals quickly!
Cheyenne, I'm so sorry! I'm going through the exact same thing as you with the patellar tendonitis. Actually, so similar to your story it's scary...except that I'm not the amazing athlete you are! (My plan is to hold out and outlive everyone and then start winning races!) I'm trying out stretching rather than strenghtening the muscles. You want #1, I want the Dubai Marathon. Sister, we can do it if we are smart and patient. In the meantime, sending you a BIG hug!!!
I hope the knee gets better soon! Bill has struggled with multiple injuries this year too and I know how frustrating it is! ~Cindy
That sure stinks. I hate to say it, but it's a slower healing process as we get older. Your a champ though.
Your kids are adorable! I love that Peyton reads to Morgan, how sweet.
Looks like you guys had an amazing time! How fun! I am so sorry about your knee!
Dude girl, I feel for you! You seriously seem AmAzInG!! I can't believe all that you do. Good luck with your tourni, it should be great. I will totally pray for your knees. And your kids are so dang cute. I can't wait for another cabin weekend, since sadly that is the only time I ever see you!
Post a Comment