Family

Family

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Zoo Lights

On Monday night, we took the family up to Zoo Lights in Tacoma. My Dad was in town and was able to come with us too, which was fun.
The Zoo completely decks out the place in beautiful lights and even has some exhibits open.
This was Will's favorite. The crazy tree. Doesn't it look like it's out of a Dr. Suess book or something?
The weather was actually pretty great. A little chilly but not a drop of rain.

I think almost everyone's favorite part was going inside to the Shark Encounter. We watched for a long time.

And of course we had to hit the Carousel on the way out of the park. Always a kid favorite.

Now it's Christmas Eve and the kids are bursting with excitement. We have some fun things planned for today.

I have to pass on this recommendation.......

This week, our family has been reading The Life of Our Lord, by Charles Dickens. It is a very small book he wrote solely for his children's benefit when they were young. It was finally published after the death of his last child. It briefly tells of the life of Christ, written completely at a child's level, but Dickens also interjects beautiful moments of sharing his own love and gratitude for the Savior through out it. We have each enjoyed it immensely and I completely recommend it to any family with kids.

I hope all your families have the most wonderful Christmas together!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Christmas guys! Do your kids have favorite animals on the carousel that they like to ride each time? My kids love the seahorse and ET the walrus.

Katie said...

I loved the zoo lights! It looks like you guys have had tons of fun. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.