This is the few weeks of my life that I get drowned in running a Racquetball Tournament here in Olympia, but there have been lots of blessings in my life for sure!! Just too busy to document them much.
Time Out For Women last weekend was amazingly good. These are a few pics of Hilary performing, and she, as always, was great. I had a few chances to chat with her, but EVERYONE is so excited to meet her that I feel badly taking up her time when I've met her before.
The other speakers were great too. Below is a picture of Mariama Kallon, who had an amazing story of survival from Sierra Leone.
Probably the most powerful speaker to me was Mark Mabry who has created the Reflections of Christ exhibit through his photography. Maybe I enjoyed him most because I've heard most all the other speakers before........some several times, but during his presentation, I had one of those intense moments where for just a moment, you REALLY get it......and FEEL it. It was wonderful to spend the time with my good friend Dea as well. She is a treasure in my life and I can never get enough of her.
Probably the biggest concept I came home with was this (okay, super short version): The children of Israel wandered in the wilderness for 40 years, but God provide manna for them daily. Literally, it rained bread, but they were only allowed to gather enough for their family for ONE DAY. Now why, would the Lord mandate that they only gather for one day, and have to do the process over again each day? Maybe because He WANTS them to have to pray to Him EVERY DAY. He wants us to come back to Him and need Him daily.
I don't know about you, but when I make the effort to come to Him in the morning through scripture and prayer, I have the best day. But you know what? I have to do it tomorrow again otherwise it's shocking how quickly I get off track. Not that I think blessings always have a 24 hour expiration date or something, but the Lord wants us to need him daily.
Will also held a Camp Out for his scouts out at the cabin while I was gone. It was a huge success. I know he's making a difference with those boys.
In other life.........
.......we ran the kids over this weekend to watch the Salmon spawning, which is always really cool, especially when you get there before they are all dead. :)
I don't know how many times a day it is, but it's lots, that I look at my kids and just feel so lucky. Peyton has really been melting our hearts lately. She is just so stickin' sweet!
And you gotta love when Morgan gets the camera. Unfortunately, the picture below reflects about 4-5 hours of my day right now.
Crazy girl!
So yes, the Puget Sound Challenge Racquetball tourney is next weekend. I'll have about 165 players from all over the world (not exaggerating. They are coming from Chili, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Canada, Hawaii, New York, etc). The Women's Pro Tour will be joining us and competing for $10,000.
These athletes are amazing and what has been so wonderful is that as I have been working more closely with them in the past month, they have been WONDERFUL. No Prima Dona's here! They have expressed their willingness to reach out to the juniors in the area and are using their "fame" to help raise money for breast cancer awareness.
And what's amazing is that I'm actually going to get to play with them......or be slaughtered by them. However you want to look at it, I'll have a smile on my face.
Excited as I am for this event, I am already getting super excited for Thanksgiving and LOADS of family time. Life is good!!
1 comment:
Love the shot of Deaven carrying Morgan, she's so little and adorable! And of course am very into the photo of the rball dive (Christie Van Hees?)...so excited for you to have the pros coming out for your tourney!
Post a Comment