Family

Family

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Total Randomness

We had a family goal this year to hike 100 miles. As of Saturday morning, we were at 95, so we took advantage of the good weather and hit another trail to log another 2 miles. We walked at the Mima Mounds, just south of Olympia, which we had not actually hit before.
Deaven has been wonderful to Morgan lately, despite Morgan always sneaking into his room to steal his candy. Morgan absolutely adores him........and you can't just see it in the picture below.
Morgan, of course, has been our hardest struggle on these longer walks. She actually did fantastic on this particular one........until the very end. I love the progression of Will carrying her.

Here is the infamous shoulder ride:
Then we have the upside down I'm losing my patience carry:
Finally we have the basket carry with a smile because we are almost back to the car.
As we were leaving, I thought that the sky just looked beautiful. Little did I know that 20 minutes later and a few blocks from my house.........
We would see THIS sunset!!! Holy cow! Is that not themost beautiful thing? It was breathtaking!
Peyton loves to read, and especially to Morgan, which I love. They sat like this for a hour yesterday, just reading. Why they chose the welcome mat at the front door, not so sure.
The other BIG NEWS right now is that Peyton lost her first tooth!! She has been patiently waiting. She was a teeth grinder when she was a baby, so her teeth were actually really strong and didn't want to leave her mouth.
Super quick FHE idea on the Holy Ghost (The Spirit of God):

To illustrate to the kids the power the Holy Ghost can have if we work to keep him with us, Will filled two bowls of water to illustrate the world. Then he sprinkled pepper in the them both to demonstrate the sin of the world.
The kids placed their fingers in one bowl and of course the pepper totally stuck all over their finger.

Then Will had them put soap all over their finger and try it again. This time, the SECOND you place your finger in the PEPPER ACTUALLY SHOOTS AWAY TO THE SIDES OF THE BOWL very dramatically, and nothing sticks to your finger.

We explained to the kids that if they strive to keep the Holy Ghost with them, it will help keep harmful things further away from them and their lives.
This is an older picture of Deaven at the cabin while he was having his birthday weekend with Grandpa Dunne.
I also realized that I never put Halloween pictures up either..........sheesh!

Will was a pizza, with Jamee, who was from the Blue Man Group (I'm guessing).
Peyton and her best friend Malorie were a Best Friend Heart.
And Morgan.........was a kitty, which came very easily to her.
Morgan with Tami, one of our good friends. Church activities are always entertaining because Morgan thinks it's like "shopping for a new family" time. She wanders around and latches on to all our friends.........and Will and I get a break for a bit. People must thing we abuse her.
Deaven was.........I'm not sure what you call this, other than the "completely-over-priced-and-one-of-the-few-times-I-hate-that-I-can't-sew-but-not-really" outfits.
Will heads off to visit his family in Texas for 5 days this weekend. I am really excited for him, and when he comes home, he is bringing Carol (his Mom) with him, which is GREAT!! Lots of fun to come!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE all the randomness and keeping up (well, news-wise) with you guys. I totally know those carry stages. :) Can't wait to try the pepper thing with my kids, very cool.

Shawn said...

I think we are going to steal your 100 mile goal. It is perfect! Great job getting it almost accomplished!

Leah Florence said...

You have such a fun family and gosh are your kids good looking!!

JLD said...

You WILL make the goal. (Subliminal Message for you). Great photos! The HG Soap set-up is fantastic... and it really works! Makes me want to have kids again to... maybe not.
Love and hugs to all.
Grandpa

Katie said...

Love all the pictures and seeing what you guys have been up to. And holy cow, that sunset was amazing!