Family

Family

Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet Grace

So......Grace moved into the area a few months ago and is an incredible Racquetball player. It was love at first sight for me. I absolutely love this sport and love training for it and I am so excited to have another great player in our state. Grace is an incredibly accomplished athlete (also having played semi-pro softball in Europe and for Michigan State). I couldn't be happier that she is here and I respect her tremendously as not only an athlete but as a person.

This weekend was the Seattle Open tournament. Both Will and I competed and enjoyed a weekend away from the kids. We both had moments of great playing........and then some not so great. Grace and I had a great match on Sunday that had the spectators reeling in excitement. Grace won this match 11-9 in the tie breaker, but even losing, I was giddy with pleasure knowing this is just the beginning of LOTS of great matches with her.

The view from our hotel room:
Today is back to the trenches with the family. This morning while getting ready to head to the gym, both my girls were up on the counter "getting ready" too. It was super cute and I just LOVE having my girls in my life. I never had sisters, so it makes it all the sweeter.
One other thing that has been great lately is reading the book, Organized Simplicity. I consider myself a pretty organized and disciplined person, but I TOTALLY needed this book to help inspire me to simplify our lives and our home. Pretty much a big De-Clutter project and massive spring cleaning, but some of the tips in this book have also helped me organize my days in a way that I swear I suddenly have more hours in them. Not only that, but I'm more disciplined in making sure the things that I AM spending my time on are only the things that are MOST important. Good stuff!
I am ALWAYS looking for great books. Please let me know if you have some suggestions!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Ha! You'll get hooked. I've been dropping something off, somewhere, every day lately. Goodwill, consignment, friends. Such a good feeling! The author is the Simple Homschool blogger (and other Simple Mom blogs), are there tips in it different from the blog?

CarrieM said...

Thanks for the recommendation! Sounds inspiring. Are you on goodreads? I'm posting all the time there (it's like Facebook for me--enough about you, what are you READING!) I could also send you my book club's ongoing list if you are interested.

Shawn said...

Awesome... just checked our library again, and this week they have it! Though I'm #16 in line. It'll be a while until I find extra hours I guess. :)