Family

Family

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Catching Up!!!

Man, I've been struggling to keep this up to date. Sorry Grandma!! Here is some quick updates of what's going on in our house........
For a week or two, Deaven worked hard on his Pinewood Derby car. He had a very specific concept he was going for. More on Pinewood Derby to come.......
Peyton was tested to move into the Junior Elite Program at Gymnastics. SHE WAS SO EXCITED!!! It's a step above Pre-Team but below Team. She had her first class the other day and I was so proud of her. She was so brave and worked so hard. The coach was VERY impressed with her.
For Easter, our good friends the Mahoney's put on a HUGE Easter add hunt for our church family. We are talking 75+ kids and almost 2,000 eggs!!! As you can imagine, it's a huge hit!
After the egg hunt on Saturday, Will and I got a few chores done around the house then hooked back up with the Mahoney's to go enjoy the Art Walk in downtown Olympia.
A huge part of the Art's Walk is the Parade, Procession of the Species, which is always pretty entertaining. There are some crazy outfits and floats going by. Here the kids are enjoy chalk in the street before the Parade comes through.


The weather could not have been better. It was a gorgeous day. As the day went on, Dennese and I had to laugh at the thicker and thicker layer of dirt growing on our kids.

We ended our Art's Walk evening listening to a concert at Alpine Experience while the kids played in the fountain.......then topped it off with dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Puerto Vallarta.
Wednesday was RACE TIME for Pinewood Derby. Deaven actually won last year and we had LOTS of conversations with him about the slim odds of him winning again and to NOT get his hopes up.
The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but Deaven's car was PINK. Deaven's favorite color.


Deaven, Forrest and Korban get ready to watch the races.
All the sisters were there in full force to support.

Deaven kept making weird faces when I tried to take his picture.......aka: I'm nervous.
But as the night went on, our family was a little shocked to see Deaven's car winning all his races. To be honest, we were floored. I actually felt kind of badly that another kid wasn't getting a chance to win this year and spread the fun around. I had to keep reminding myself to be happy for Deaven.
The race did come down to a tie breaker, but Deaven pulled it out in the end (which was a miracle because he had messed up the wheels a bit playing with it for fun between races). I thought the trophies they did were awesome though.
Nice Job Deaven!!! Pinewood Derby Champ, two years in a row!!

A quick video of Peyton getting a gymnastics move down.

2 comments:

CarrieM said...

That parade looks so cool!

The Woolf Pack said...

You guys always have so much going on! What fun! The urinal story from your other post is hysterical...although I am glad it wasn't one of my kids. :)