Family

Family

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Break Adventures

Our Spring Break was kicked off by Will heading out on a Snow Shoe Trip with the Venture Crew scouts up at Mt. Rainer.
It snowed on them almost the whole time and it just got deeper and deeper over the three days.
The above picture was my favorite picture that came back. I think it's just beautiful!!
On the second day, they worked for sometime to build a snow cave with tunnels. Sounds pretty cool to me!
Below is a picture of "High Hut" where they walked into and then stayed (and got nice and warm and rested).

Will with one of the other leaders, Barrett Burbidge, who he always hsd a great time with.
Monday was also my 32 birthday and though I missed my hubby, I had a great day with some friends and my kids. My girlfriends and I snagged one picture, but I haven't gotten my hands on it yet.
Thursday the kids and I hit the Marina, which is only 10 minutes away. We love going there at LOW TIDE and catching all the sea life you would see in an aquarium, like the sun star below.
We had some fun that day for sure.
On Friday, we packed up for an Adventure Day, which means we pick a general direction and some roads we've never explored and head out. We never know what we will find and it's one of Will and I's favorite things to do.
We played at this little lake for awhile, while Morgan fished. You can see Mt. Rainer coming through the clouds above her.
Dad demonstrating his talent as a "Cow Whisperer". He's got mad skills.
We stumbled about this wildlife preserve and hiked back deep into. We saw Elk tracks and poo every where and we're HOPING to stumble upon one.........no luck, but it was a really cool place and was so quiet and peaceful.
We also found this man made dam that had the most incredible waterfall coming from it. You can kind of see it in the pic below up at the top. The kids LOVE climbing around a rivers edge on big rocks.
The State Singles Championship was this weekend too and Deaven decided he wanted to play. The Junior's compete at the same time and it was a perfect opportunity for him to try it out.
We didn't really have any idea how he would fit in, but it seemed like he was ready to try.
His first match was kind of a landslide in the other kids favor, but Deaven kept his head up and did the best he could. He knew the other kid had been playing for almost two years........Deaven, about a week. :)
He's second match was with the cutest little girl named Megan. They had SUCH a great match. They were totally evenly matched.
They both played great and this one went to a tie-breaker.
Deaven came out on top 11-9 in the tie-breaker. It was so intense (well, as intense as it can be for 10 yr olds). I was SO proud of him and the way he handled himself in the court emotionally and mentally. He was such a great sport whether he was winning or losing.
Celebrating Deaven's first racquetball win!!!
Deaven played one more match and won that as well against this little sweetheart, Zac.
I think Deaven had a great experience and we are so proud of him for trying something new when he wasn't sure how it would turn out. He has gotten better really quickly and I think he is hooked.
Peyton is also loving it right now, which is fun. We've made a deliberate effort to NOT have Rball shoved down our kids throats, but all of a sudden they REALLY want to be a part of it.

Hope everyone had a great break!!

No comments: