Family

Family

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fun in the Sun!!

The weather has SLOWLY started heading in the right direction and we've been making the most of it! Friday after school we grabbed the kids and some friends and headed to Long Lake to play for a few hours.
You know what I really love about the NW? In the Spring, when the weather changes, the colors just come alive!! Seriously, the grass is REALLY that green and the sky is SO BLUE. Love it!
It was a great afternoon. The kids played for hours while Will and I starting reading about our hopeful 2012 plan of hiking the Wonderland Trail (the one that goes 95 miles AROUND Mt. Rainer).
One of Will's birthday surprises was a quick little shopping trip, and Morgan got to come along. She loves to sample all the bling.

Unbelievably, Morgan is in her last week of school already. She had her little spring program last week and she played quite a big part in it. She was the "Mom".
Morgan has LOVED her school, Log Cabin Christian Preschool. Sue Bishop, the Director, has ran the school for 26 years!!!
Morgan with some of her other favorite teachers.

More sunshine means backyard baseball (which becomes challenging when your 10 yr old is quite the slugger).
One of the things I'll miss most about having young kids is seeing them playing around all day in their swim suits. I can never get enough of their little bodies.
Morgan is still learning the fine art of baseball.
One of the few things that Will said he wanted to do for his birthday was go see Frank Caliendo, the comedian. He happened to have a show 20 minutes from our house last Saturday, so we grabbed John and Dea (whom me LOVE) and headed to the Casino. Will and I played a few "penny slots" and nearly died laughing. We would get all excited when we'd win some money and make a bunch of noise, so everyone would obviously look at our machine.......which would say something like $2.65!!! We had such a great time but I was reminded why you should never gamble. I saw one guy lose $500 in less than 10 minutes at the machine next to us. SCARY!!!
One of Will's other surprises was tickets to go see the Tacoma Rainer's Baseball team, minor-leagues.
We got lucky with the weather and it was a beautiful night.
Mmmm......how I love these little kids. I can not believe how fast they are growing up. They are still such good friends. Gosh, I hope that lasts.
We had great seats, right behind home plate (which you can afford when it's the minor leagues). We all agreed that we enjoyed it pretty much as much as a Mariner Game and it was TONS less stressful in terms of travel, parking, people and pricing.
Morgan was so excited. She kept telling us "I am SO excited for the Baseball game.......and cotton candy"!!!

We are on Will's last week of surprises. Deliveries to the restaurant, a letter from his Mom, picking his favorite dessert for a Sunday treat, etc. It's been a great month and tons of fun to celebrate such a great man for his 40th birthday!!!

A quick Morgan-ism:
Today during breakfast, she announced that the freckle on her butt hurt. Man, being 4 is TOUGH!

1 comment:

The Woolf Pack said...

Your kids are so cute. We are loving the sun as well. You really can't beat it here when it's sunny. Tell Will Happy Birthday!