There is no getting around it, Will+Cheyenne=Gymnasts. Neither of us are particularly big and our children have followed suit. Thought they will have to suffer through years of ALWAYS being the smallest in their classes like Will and I did, they will have a slight advantage when it come to Gymnastics.Both Deaven and Peyton are loving being on Team, and for the first time, Morgan joined the ranks for 1 hour a week, and of course, loves it. I'm thinking maybe the gym should start paying ME, not the other way around.
Peyton and I got to sneak off for a Mommy-Daughter date on Friday. We delivered some home-made jam and went to lunch at AppleBees.
We also stopped at the music shop to get her some cheap drumsticks (she wants to be a drummer/fashion designer when she grows up) and then hit Michael's to grab some new scrap booking materials. Once Peyton hit 8, I thought that was a good time to start helping HER learn how to scrap book her own life. I kept lots of books from my childhood, and I think it's a great way to build self-esteem and work on organizational skills.
Saturday we also took the big kids up to see the World Premier of Aladdin the Musical.
It was fantastic!!! Singing was great, Dancing was great......and it was so well-written. Lots of good humor for the kids and adults. I LOVE the Theater, but I had to laugh when I teared up during the opening act. I mean, it's ALADDIN for heaven's sake......but there is just something about the chemistry of signing and dancing and a big ensemble that get's me every time.
Afterwards, seeing as we were in downtown Seattle, we went to one of our favorites......PF Chang's. It was SO YUMMY!!
Sometimes I wonder if the kids really APPRECIATE all the things we landscape into their lives.......but we love hanging around them. That's for sure.
It was a great weekend. Lots of family time, though I can never get enough!!
No comments:
Post a Comment