Christmas Break provided a little incentive to grab some of our bestest friends, the Mahoney's, and head out for a quick trip to the cabin and swimming the next day. As always, once we got to the cabin, the 3 sets of kids disappeared playing and we got to sit around like normal grown ups and just talk for hours. Amazing.
The next day, we drove the rest of the way out to the Hoquim YMCA that has a pretty great rec pool, complete with a water slide, lazy river and wave pool. We even got in a little Racquetball beforehand to work up a sweat.
The girls and I made a few batches of fudge (which didn't ever set.....to much marshmallow???) and yes, I was also wearing a leopard suit while I was baking. :)
Thursday night we dressed up to prepare for ding-dong ditching some friends. You know, the ring the doorbell after leaving treats on their porch, and then running to hide and watch from their bushes routine. We hit four families successfully and weren't caught, though I nearly had to drag Morgan one time because her little legs couldn't keep up.We've had a wonderful Christmas. More posting to come!
2 comments:
Lovely! Merry Christmas to all of you!
Um, so I'm just wondering if any of your posts DON'T include our family? :) We are so grateful for you in our lives! What would we do without you? Life would certainly be boring for sure. I haven't told you thanks yet for organizing the caroling - I really loved that and so did the kids.
Post a Comment