Family

Family

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Morgan's 6th Birthday!!!

 Hard to believe that my little baby is 6!  Lucky for me she is still the size of a 4 year old. :)  We had a bunch of her friends over and had some fun.  She has some great friends in her life.
 Of course, amongst all the girls was Kelton, her buddy since birth.  These two still adore each other and Dennese and I can't help but wonder how long they will stay close and what the future holds for these too.
 Morgan's actual birthday was on a Sunday.  She quickly got dressed for church and patiently waited to open her presents.
 Happy Birthday Sweet Morgan!!
 Though she is still crazy and intense much of the time, we could ask for a sweeter little girl.  She adds so much to our family and we can't imagine our life with out her.
I am still keeping my Mother's Journal of all the things I love about each stage of childhood.  I want to remember EVERYTHING.  Here is my list for a 5 year old:


What I will miss about a 5 year old:
I will miss all the drawings of us by my daughter, showing us holding hands with hearts all over the page.

I will miss my daughter asking me how to spell ‘I love you’, a zillion times,
so she can write me a love letter.

I will miss seeing my daughter interact with the baby with all the wisdom of an experienced mother.

I will miss the honesty of my child’s prayers.

I will miss watching my kids walk into school together, embarking on their first journey with out a parent by their side.  My heart aches with joy, pride and sadness all at the same time.

I will miss seeing their eyes wide open in shock at some of the most common things in life they are still learning.

I will miss how my children scurry up the stairs in front of me, knowing
my ever present pinching fingers are coming after their booty’s.

I will miss seeing them go up on their tip toes to reach the light switch.

I will miss them sitting behind me while I work at
the computer and playing “Hair Dresser”.

I will miss looking in the rear view mirror on the way to the first day of Kindergarten and seeing the excitement in their eyes.

I will miss seeing them play music on my pots and pans.

I will miss seeing my kid sit inside the laundry basket, as if it’s the perfect size home.

I will miss seeing a cute, little apron tied around their waist as they stand on a chair in the kitchen, helping me cook dinner.

I will miss how often in the mornings, they will call for me, not being able to face the day until we share some morning snuggles.

I will miss seeing the excitement on my kids face as they figure out a word they have been trying to sound out.

I will miss the baby soft skin of my child’s arm.

I will miss my kid bursting into my bathroom saying, “Mom, I HAVE to tell you something”.

No comments: