Deaven finally got to experience the FUN part of going to a Performing Arts School when he decided to audition for Guys & Dolls at Aspire. He was HOOKED from the very first rehearsal and never stopped singing for 3 months.
As Deaven demonstrated his ability to be comfortable on stage the director slowly gave him more and more. The shot of him above is one of his times on stage completely by himself doing his lines.
Overall, Guys & Dolls is a SUPER fun musical with great music and the director had written in some incredibly funny parts to it.
I went and saw every show and I loved it every time. The kids were amazingly polished and I couldn't believe they were middle school kids.
Deaven's main role was to be a Gambler, which he had some fun with.
Above is our favorite scene with the song Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat. So fun!! The whole cast rocks out and it literally brought tears to my eyes every night. The energy that comes from a cast singing and dancing and especially hitting their final cue.......reminds me of the good old days when I used to be in performances. Deaven mentioned that HE could even feel those chills and started to tear up. I was so glad, because it's not something you can describe to someone.
We took Don Erickson to see the show one night, which he loves. He has a special place in his heart for Deaven.
My Dad and Taylor came up to see it as well. We simpley could not have been more proud of Deaven in the effort he gave to the play. He truly has a gift for entertaining and he can't wait to do more shows in the future.
Oh, this is a random pic.....My boys!!! Love them!
1 comment:
I just love Guys and Dolls, I wish I could have seen Deaven in it. Bravo!
Post a Comment