Our beloved Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints passed away this evening with his family by his side. He was 97, and while it is sad to lose such an amazing leader, I can not help but smile to think of the reception he is receiving in Heaven and the joy he and his wife must feel to be together again. How grateful our family is for this incredible man who taught us the principles of love, forgiveness, gratitude, humor, humility and true joy. His powerful testimony of the Savior will stand as a constant reminder of the possibilities in all of our lives. Here is a link to read more about President Hinkley:
6 comments:
So true he was an amazing prohpet. My first thoughts of this were he is now reunited with his wife, I'm sure what an experience that will be for them. I'm so greatful for the knowledge of eternal families. I love him, and he will be missed.
I honestly thought about the same thing (his amazing reception on the other side) He will be missed.
It's hard to comprehend the amount of lives that he touch (including mine). He lived for so much longer than so many people, I think I sort of thought he'd live forever! But, I agree with everyone else that the first thing I thought of when I heard the news was how happy he must have been to be reunited with is wife. :)
He was THE prophet of our generation. We were all sad to have him go, but are excited that he is reunited with his wife. He was truly an ispiration to many! He changed my life dramatically when I was younger and a little wild. Thank you for posting something about him.
oh, i love this guy! is he just the cutest man or what?! i will really miss hearing him at conference from now on. atleast he's with his wife now,..ya can't beat that! i am happy for him.
How great must be the joy of the Lord, what a faithful servant he was! I love him and how happy he must be to be with his sweet wife and to greet the savior with open arms! I only wish I could have been there to see this beautiful reunion.
Post a Comment