
Yes, nice and sweet, cuddling her baby while sitting in her little wagon. Picture of perfection? Um, not so much. This child might just be the end of me. She has been tough from day one, and I have had a tremendous amount of patience because she is my last. Will often has said, "I don't know how you do it". However, 16 months later, I'm starting to run a little thin on some days. I think what has made it worse is that before, if she was crying even after all her needs were met, I could just walk away for while. But now she follows me, tugging on my pant leg, screaming, sometimes for the better part of the day. The Lord made her small because he knew I would be packing her around for 5 years.

When she turns it on, she is the cutest thing, giving kisses and patting your back. But there have been a lot more days lately where she gets put in her room to work it out. After a little while, she seems to perk up, find some toys, and it's all good......for about 20 minutes. Sometimes we will get her settled, and then Peyton or Deaven will come (usually Peyton) and touch her in "just not the right way" and it will start again. Will actually said to the kids the other day, "Go upstairs and don't come down until Morgan is 20". Pretty funny.

The other day was particularly bad. I called my friend Bonnie at work and said "Morgan wants to say Hi" and Morgan screamed into the phone for a few minutes. It did make me feel a little better. She also throws anything she doens't want to eat off her chair, pushes Will away when he tries to kiss me and washes her face with toliet bowl water (which we are just grateful when Peyton remembers to flush).

But when all is said and done, I would MUCH prefer to have a daughter that is strong willed that we can hopefully help teach boundaries to, than one that doesn't have a backbone. She will be an amazing, beautiful, talented woman. I just hope I live to see that day.
8 comments:
Hey there, what is on her ankle, a hospital bracelet. Thats what it looks like in the picture, that's bad, I have seen to many of those. She looks just like you, so cute and her eyes are beautiful
ok i love this post! strong-willed girls are HARD but we wouldn't have it any other way!
Oh the lessons we learn from these little ones! She is beautiful--like her Mommy! She is tiny. How much is she weighing these days?
There are days I just don't think I can make it any more. Like right now Noah is in his room SCREAMING for me because he doesn't want to take a nap. TOO BAD!!! They sure know how to try and test us. Good thing Morgan is so cute. :)
ok, i am TOTALLY feeling like this with brooklyn right now. she was a PERFECT ANGEL, until 1 month after her second bday. i have been busting out the parenting books ever since. being a mom is anything but easy! but aren't they worth it??
OHH! Good thing these kids are so cute! I hear ya! You can drop her off for a breather any time! =)
You wouldn't know it looking at the pictures, she really does look so harmless. That is why I am happy for the invention of doors, they are my time away from insanity sometimes. Most of the time I go to Mommy-time-outs rather than send Mackenzie to time out. I get a break and she sits and wonders what just happened.
Oh..kids ya gotta love em'! I can sooooo relate to your situation right now. Logan has been giving me a run for my money since day one. I really think he might be the end of me...or at lease the beginning of gray hair!
Post a Comment