Family

Family

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh, to be small

This was how I found Morgan the other morning. Chillin' in the sink, licking on Deaven's toothpaste. This is like a day at the spa for Morgan.
Seriously, this kid is crazy. I guess when you are small, it's fun to see all the places you can fit!
This concerns me.......Peyton's class had "freaky" day after working on the letter F, and the kids were encouraged to dress freaky. Peyton insisted on wearing her hair like this. Deaven is just playing along. My concern though.....we actually have family pictures this Sunday, and we have been taking a lot of these crazy ones lately. I'm might be in trouble. Wish me luck!

On another note, I learned something the other day in the scriptures that has been hanging around in my mind A LOT the last few days (which usually means I'm suppose to do something with it). So I thought I might as well share it here quickly. Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God". I guess of all the verses in the Sermon on the Mount, this one I felt the least connection to in my day-to-day life. Heaven knows I get lots of opportunities to be a "peacemaker" or to be "merciful", but I guess I always looked at this one as being something long term. However, here is what I learned: When we are pure in heart, we can better "see" God, or the good, in others and in the world around us. Oh!!!! Now that has a TON of application to my life. Isn't that the trick? To recognize God's hand in our life, and to see everyone around us as a child of God as well?? So how do we become pure in heart? Well, I guess that would be just trying to focus our efforts, time and thoughts to things that uplift and really matter. Being slow to anger, judgement, envy and self-centeredness. Hmm....I got some work to do, but loved seeing better how this verse can make a difference in my life.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for the spiritual uplifter Cheyenne. What a good reminder. And your girls are so funny - Peyton's hair is hilarious :)

5Youngers said...

Love the sink pic. She is adorable.

Katie said...

Love Peyton's hair! Good luck getting good smiles for you family pictures.

The Woolf Pack said...

Even if you don't get the perfect photo you always have the memories!
Morgan is so funny, she looks like she keeps you on your toes.
Thanks for the inspirational message, you always make great points.

Krissy Lowe said...

Thanks for the spiritual thought- I needed that.

neeleys in olympia said...

Colby had a good laugh at Morgan in the sink!