Pretty random picture here, but had to log it in for safe keeping! This is my Dad's band when he was 17! How fun! They played gigs all over S. California back in the day. Can you guess which one he is????? Bottom left. Too cute!I took Morgan to the doctor yesterday and they spent 2 hours doing tests and such (they even wanted to hook her up to an IV, but I declined that "special" help. I'd prefer to stick a garden hose up her nose than leave this child hooked up to a needle). Some of the tests came back a little funny, so we have to do more test in the next few weeks. However, she seems to be feeling a little better today. Hooray! Yesterday we stayed on the same track of random drama we have been on for the past few days (Will stuck on the freeway in Vancouver, WA, me getting harassed while jogging, more ant issues), but THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
The best thing I got out of my $30 co-pay yesterday was this good little parenting reminder that was hanging on the wall. Nothing new, just the same old stuff we forget to implement in our day to day struggles with our kids sometimes. I can use something like this EVERY day. Blogger won't let me cut and paste, so I'm only gonna type in a few.........
UNDERSTAND that I am growing up and changing very fast. It must be difficult to keep pace with me, but please try.
LISTEN TO ME and give me brief, clear answers to my questions. Then I will keep sharing my thoughts and feelings.
TELL ME when you make mistakes and what you learned from them. Then I can accept that I am ok even when I blunder.
PAY ATTENTION to me and spend time with me. Then I can believe that I am important and worthwhile.
TRUST and respect me. Even though I am smaller than you, I have feelings and needs just like you.
COMPLIMENT and appreciate me. Then I'll feel good and I'll want to continue to please you.
HELP me explore my unique interests, talents and potential. In order for me to be happy, I need to be me, and not you, or someone you want me to be.
Good stuff!!
2 comments:
Harassed while jogging? Sorry for your crazy week. Thanks for the inspirational saying!
Those sound like some interesting stories!
I hope Morgan is feeling better. Nothing like the day to day drama to keep us on our toes. I do like the kid wisdom, you forget how much they are trying and learning.
Post a Comment