
Well, this will be long, only because it's EASIER to not be picky about the pictures and just pick a ton, not worry about the order, but be sure you don't miss anything........so here we go!

We had the BEST time camping with the
Mahoney's at Ocean Shores. It had been way too long since we had camped and we vowed to make it a more regular
occurrence. I just LOVE sleeping outside, and the kids had a ball.

The weather at the beach the first day was the best we have ever seen it. It was gorgeous!!

Will and I in major relaxed mode.....until a 2 year old came near and kicked up a bunch of flying sand!!

This particular beach you can drive your car on. So we could also pack in the bike to ride on the beach as well.

Loving the sand facial hair!
Dennese and I enjoyed lots of down time to chat. Normally most of our conversations are while lifting dumb-bells, planning scouts, or swapping kids. These days, we just sat back and laughed at our silly, crazy kids (and husbands).

Paradise for the kids!

Who says sand gets EVERYWHERE!! That is some caked on stuff!

Of course, the kids didn't care how cold the ocean was. They were in it up to their heads!

Morgan was in heaven running away from the crashing in surf.

You can ride horse back on this beach too, so it was fun to see the groups passing by periodically.

The
Mahoney's are well versed in stunt kite flying, which was so fun. The kids all had a chance to try.
Dennese showing the ropes to Will. There are no pictures of me flying because, well, I just couldn't get the feel of it and I didn't want to ruin their kite.

Definitely a fun addition to the beach trip!
Jamee spent some time dive bombing the kids on the beach with the kite, which soared at least 4 stories high. The boys LOVED it, especially because it makes this crazy noise in the wind when it gets low to the ground.

Too much fun!

The girls........were happy with a little more mellow play time.

Then there is
Kelton, trying to set the camp on fire.

Morgan is obviously concerned.


Our camp site was HUGE and backed up into a
forest area for the kids to play. It also had a dirt bike riding area will bumps and hills. It was so cool!

These kids could never get enough of
each other.
Deaven and
Korban had their own tent, and even set it up most the way by themselves.

Here is the long shot of our campsite, with Will cooking up some foil packets for dinner.

The story on the frog is funny.......(You know you are a mother when......)

I went running in the morning and on the way back (luckily the way BACK) I noticed a dead, petrified frog. I ran past it and thought, the boys would really like to see that. After about another 200 yards of thinking that, I turned around and got it. I held it between my fingers, which was fine. I'm not
skittish about stuff like that. BUT, as I ran, and my sweaty fingers held the frog, it began to feel more moist and
slimy, and then I would feel the pulse it my finger tips, AND IT TOTALLY FELT LIKE THE FROG WAS COMING BACK TO LIFE!! It was so crazy!!

Just had to document the crazy amount of sand that the toddlers must have digested this weekend. Morgan is OFFERING me her chip here........um, no thanks!

Our sweet girls!

Will makes crazy, cool sand people on the beach. Here is his latest creation:
Jamee fished in the ocean the 2
nd day. Looks fun.......maybe.


Love my sweet little Morgan body parts. I could never get enough.

Morgan loved the fact that she could dominate the sand. She could have stayed for a week.

Jamee actually caught a crab out in the ocean. I was pretty impressed!

We had such a great time. Play, play, play. Will and I even slept great too. Okay, not GREAT, but really good for camping. We can't wait to go again. But, for now, we will settle for an entire week of playing with Grandma and Grandpa Hayes, from Texas! More pictures to come!
4 comments:
Looks like a great time camping! I love camping near the beach... so fun!
I am loving Deaven's hair, it looks awesome.
Beach camping is so fun! What a great way to finish off the summer.
Your bathroom looks great, nice job!
Now, that looks like you all had so much fun! I think Devon's hair is lookin' good!
I love the beach! Looks like such a fun camping trip.
Post a Comment