Family

Family

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Reunion at the Lake Part 2

So we continued all week long to hang at the lake house with my family. It was tons of fun, though we had to say goodbye to Carol (Will's Mom) on Tuesday morning. This is a shot of our place from the water.
Grandpa bribing Morgan with candy to snatch a few cuddles. Whatever works, right?
Logan, my youngest brother, is now an uncle to 6 kids. They are all adore him, but especially Deaven, who is the oldest of the cousins.
Logan with all 6 nieces and nephews.
Most of these are just random pics through out the week. I'll leave out the commentary so you can just breeze through them...........you get the idea, I'm sure.

We did meet and visit a persons place near the lake that had an incredibly landscaped yard. This bridge is just a sample of the amazing yard he had.

Deaven and I holding hands. That blue bracelet he has had since Kindergarten, when he picked it up off the playground. He has worn it ever since (literally). EXCEPT when I wore it while he was baptized. Deaven is such a sentimental pack rat!!

Logan, well, all my brothers, well, actually my whole family, is VERY musical. There is always an instrument close by.
Peyton helped write her first song with Grandpa this week.
Will and my Dad heading off for a mountain bike ride.
Lots of family time!!
More uncle Logan bonding.
During the week, Tessa turned one!

Every night we had a campfire, which is a mellow way to wind down the days.

Lots and lots of games! My Dad taught us Cribbage, which is my new favorite card game.
The girls got along great all week.

Lots and lots of fishing, a first for my kids.

Will and I's anniversary was pretty low key, but we leave for Mexico next week.
Me and Bently. Love that boy!!
Peyton and Grandpa performing their newly written song for everyone.
Will and Bently have a special bond going on.
But maybe the best part of the whole week was when we hired a few sitters on Saturday and went to climb Mt. Ellinor, which is only 40 minutes from the cabin.
No kids!!! It was so great. Ellinor is a super short, but super steep climb. Only 1.5 miles up, but 2500 ft elevation gain. Yeah, that's pretty much straight up.

We decided to climb up the Chute, which is super rocky, no trail, pretty much rock climbing.....in other words AWESOME! It was my idea of climbing a mountain.

This gives you a pretty good idea of how steep the climb was. It was really cool.

My Dad. I never take for grated that at almost 60, he has stayed in amazing shape and LOVES this kind of stuff too.
At the top. I know it looks clear, but it wasn't, so no amazing pictures of the views. Maybe another day.
Will in "Time Out". Cool picture!
All of us at the top.
We ate lunch watching this little family of mountain goats from a distance.
We got back into town late and I rushed over to go see Bonnie's new baby, Cami. So cute and precious!!
This video gives you a pretty good sense of the type climb we did. Again, SO MUCH FUN!! We can't wait to do it again!!

2 comments:

Farr & Co. - Est. 1999 said...

Wow! What an awsome vacation! I love the house by the lake. I haven't seen Logan forever, I can't believe how mauch he's grown up! I realize after looking at the pictures how much I miss your family. What an awsome (and I mean AWSOME) group of people! I hope the next 10 years is as good as the first for you and Will! Take Care- Will (Farr)

Natalie said...

I have to start my comment with WOW too! The photo with the bridge is AWESOME! Now we can see where you get your fab fitness from...hard work, of course, and your DAD! :)