Family

Family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Paintball and Family History

Last Saturday Will went with a few guys to go paint balling for the day. I knew he'd love it, and they did have a great time!!

So.......sometimes when I am reading a few of your blogs, looking for new parenting ideas, dinner ideas, family activities, etc, I start to feel a little guilty. Like it's a one sided relationship or something. I don't feel like I ever have much to offer (those of you that know me well know that I am NOT crafty, or care to be). But today I thought of something that MIGHT be a good suggestion that we do..........maybe.........

Thanks to my father for setting such a great example of keeping a "Family Journal" while I was growing up, I made sure to start Will and I one literally the DAY we got home from our Honeymoon. I try to put an entry in every few weeks (which sometimes becomes a few months), but in the long haul, I think you could get the general idea of our life. Now I know, that probably isn't something that most of you don't do, but a few things I've added that have been fun are different lists we've started in the back pages of our journal.

1. Cars and Pets we've had.
2. The way Will and I have celebrated each of our anniversary's
3. Family vacations
4. All the callings we have had and each ward we've worshiped with.
5. Birthday Career Question (each year, starting at 3, we ask the kids what they want to be when they grown up on their birthday, then record it. Yes, A Princess has been listed more than once).

Again, nothing too different here, but it's a fun way to document some details that might later be fun to read through. Wouldn't you just love to know what you wanted to be when you grew up at age 5??

I am working on a new list. A Bucket List. :) There are so many things Will and I would like to do some day!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the idea! And don't be so modest...we all know how exceptional and lovely you are. :)

Katie said...

Love the list idea...I'm going to have to steal that one from you!