Family

Family

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Some of the things I love.....

I love my girls. I never had a sister and often thought what it would be like, so to watch my two darlings interact, to see Peyton reach out and nurture Morgan as I would, to see the way Morgan watches Peyton and imitates her just makes my heart sing. They are beautiful to me. The bond they have is tangible, and they have only shared 2 years together.
I love seeing my children in the rear-view mirror while I drive. I have watched eyelids peaceful fall to sleep. I have watched little bodies dance despite being strapped into a five point harness. I have watched all three of my children giggle at the same joke, despite their difference in age.
I love the soft curves of my childrens faces when I catch them expressionless. Their eyes wide, their cheeks round. I could love on those cheeks forever.
I love the negotiation strategies of a two year old. And even when we don't agree and she gets mad at me, she still comes to me for comfort.
And I love sunsets. How they change and move every second. I almost dare not look away, like I'll miss something. Reminds me of being a mother.

And lately, I love a new recipe I got from Tami Bair for chili. I actually have never really like chili because it is always to spicy for me (I am really lame when it comes to spicy.....but I love spices). Peyton came home with leftovers of this chili and I think I actually stole the rest from her and ate it all gone. I love it and so do my kids, and it is ridiculously easy. Here's the recipe:

Easy Home Made Chili
1 lbs ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 cup colby-jack cheese (I use about 1 1/2 cups)
1 packet Taco seasoning (I use Taco Bell's version)

Brown beef, drain grease, add everything else and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips in place of spoons (the strips work best).

I think I'm gonna add corn next time too.
I usually double the batch and we have it laying around for a few days for leftovers.
Again, SUPER yummy, but not SPICY at all.
I've cooked this for a group of 40 days before serving and it heated up awesome in a Crock Pot.

Thought I'd pass along an easy recipe! Thanks Tami!

Blog to ya soon!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Cute pictures of your girls!

Natalie said...

Your love for your girls shines through this post. They are absolutely edible and wonderful. Enjoy!

5Youngers said...

I'm going to have to try that chili recipe. I am so not a spicy food fan. Love your girls and I totally understand the no sister and love watching my girls grow up together.