Yes, yes, it was the first day of school today, but being the amazing, nurturing parents we are, we thought we'd ditch the kids and head to Puerto Vallarta for 6 days. We leave EARLY tomorrow morning. Actually, I have never felt better about leaving the kids. Rebekah, the best babysitter in the WORLD (who we have used for almost 6 years now) will be watching the kids. They have been set up with lots of things to look forward to and have been reminded several times WHY it's important for Mom and Dad to spend some time alone. 10 years of marriage, I think we deserve it.But as for the last few days........
Our family walk this week was at the Nisqually Nature Preserve. Good place to go if it's been damp because all the trails are boardwalks.
Um.....the truck crossing sign was cracking me up IN THE MIDDLE OF A NATURE PRESERVE. They are doing some construction to broaden the trails......

The kids loved trying to use these big things. But I'm not sure if all the avid bird watchers enjoyed our children.

Okay, this is the REAL color. Nothing is enhanced in this picture! Isn't that almost creepy?!

We've been adjusting the kids back to a school schedule and getting up earlier the last few days. (such a toss up to enjoy a few more sleep in days or be some-what responsible and get them adjusted). The day before school, we all got up early and then went out to breakfast (to soften the blow of getting up early).
Morgan's first hot chocolate.
The kids got up today and loaded up for the first day of school. Deaven is in 3rd grade and Peyton is in 1st. They were pretty excited. I kind of was too. Some parts of the school year I love, some...not so much. I am definitely looking forward to having some one on one time with Morgan every day.
So.......might up date a bit while we are in Mexico, but if not, I'm sure I'll post the zillions of pictures we will take when we get back.Blog to ya soon!
3 comments:
Have an amazing time!!!! Then let us borrow your babysitter...
Hope you guys have a great trip...can't wait to see your pictures!
Can't wait to hear about your trip! Mike and I went there on our honeymoon... :)
Post a Comment