Family

Family

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Humorous Tales From the Hayes Herd

Oh......the stories we could tell...but here are just a few......

Morgan has definitely been keeping us on our toes lately. She's been a little more intense, coupled with LOTS of moments of cuteness. Today the following conversation took place:

Morgan: "Mom, I love brains in my head".
Mom: "Uh....you love brains in your head"? (Just seemed kind of random)
Morgan: "Yep, I LOVE brains in my head".
Mom: "Well, Mom loves the brains in your head too".
Morgan: "No, Mom, brains ON my head".
Mom: "ON your head? Oh! Oh! Oh! Do you mean you love BRAIDS on your head"?? (me, totally having a lightbulb moment finally)
Morgan: "Yes, I told you that already Mom".

Will, has his own stories to tell right now. I had to leave town for two days and RIGHT after I left he managed to get himself beat up pretty good. The short version is that there is a house that has been for sale for a long time that we have kept our eyes on. It's fenced in at the drive way with a rod iron fence, but has been vacant for at least a year now.

So.....Will, after taking the kids to the park, stops by the house and decides he's gonna jump the fence to get a better look at the yard and back of the house. Long story short, at the top of the fence, his foot slipped and he came down HARD on his shin. It immediately swelled the size of a baseball with blood and fluid. Luckily, he didn't break anything, but now 5 days later, it's still HUGE and his foot is all bruised and swollen from the blood. Verdict on the house: It's a no-go.
Morgan loves getting herself dressed and ready in the morning. She felt particularly proud of this little hair do.
The reason why I was gone was to compete in the last tourney of the year, Regionals, in Portland, Oregon. It's a culminating event involved 5 states and 200+ players. Last year, I actually won the event, which was an incredible experience. This year, I lost in the finals to my great friend Grace, who recently came to the area and is a FANTASTIC player. We've been training together a bit and have sparred each other's games to new heights.

While, of course, I would have loved to win the event again, I felt I played WAY better than I did last year when I did win. Grace and I had a very high quality match that had the crowd amazed. I would rather know that I am getting better, that just coming home the champion. I couldn't be happier that Grace is here and a HUGE congrats to her for winning this one.
Sometimes in the craziness of my days, I suddenly stop to realize how grateful I am for the season of my life right now. How much longer do I get to see my little pumpkin sitting on top of the table, playing play-doh, in a Tutu? Cherish the moments!!!
One other hilarious story.

The other day when driving down the freeway, one of our kids (name to be withheld) had to go to the bathroom really badly. We pulled over at a gas station, which had a porta-potty outside the building to use. We pulled the car right up next to it and the unnamed child went inside to take care of business.

After some time had passed, Will yelled in, "Are you okay in there"? The answer came back, "Yes. I'm just washing my hands".

Will immediately knew there was trouble. He opened the door to find our kid, not only with their hands INSIDE the urinal, but rubbing the urinal deodorant ALL OVER THEIR HANDS like it was a bar of soap!!!! So, so nasty!!

We did all we could to clean up the damage, but it seemed like a LONG drive home for full disinfecting.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Oh my gosh, that might be the grossest thing I have ever heard! So, so funny.

Cindy Napier said...

I love the pictures of Morgan in the tutu with playdough-- how cute is that?! And the urinal story is hilarious-- you'll be so glad you have this blog in the future! :)

secwalker said...

eeeew! That tops my story of Avery eating gum off the bottom of her shoe at 2 yrs old :)