As I mentioned, we've been surprising Will each day this month with something special in lew of his 40th birthday on 5/30. Day 28 surprise was actually his Mom flying in from Texas (well, it was actually suppose to be Day 26, but her plane got damaged by a hail storm.....yeah, go figure). After lots of small surprises, I knew this one would take the cake. I couldn't tell the kids until we will literally ON the freeway to pick her up because I knew they could never keep such a secret. The girls patiently waiting for Grandma to show up.
The surprise was all I could have hoped for and their embrace was long and teary (not sure if Will wants that confessed on here......). Saturday night, we had just a few of Will's closest buddies over for a little fun. We put the boys through a few rounds of Chubby Bunny......SO FUNNY!. I had to excuse myself with a near "pee my pants from laughing" moment. If you are not familiar with the game, everyone slowly put more and more big marshmallows in their month, and then says, "Chubby Bunny". Kind of have to be there, but OH MY!! Video at the end of the two last competitors.
Sunday we headed to church and grabbed a quick family picture. Isn't Will's Mom beautiful?
Sunday afternoon we often head out to find new places around our town. This little park near Chambers Bay in Steilacoom was one we never had ever heard of and it was FANTASTIC!!!
Beautiful big lawns, amazing views, playground, huge sandpits and a sandy beach with lots of driftwood to play on.
Oh, and trees to climb...........
I can't wait to go back on the next beautiful sunny day!!Then we headed just up the road to another beach that just recently got opened to the public with a new huge bridge.
Again, a beach (this time rocky) but with lots of huge driftwood pieces to play on. The kids were in heaven.
Morgan and Daddy checking things out.
It was a little breezy and chilly but we felt like we had scored two GREAT spots. Sometimes our adventures end up with duds but not today!!.
My kids could not be happier than just playing outside all day long.
Quick video of the last two guys. Um, I don't even know what to say about this......it's just wrong.
2 comments:
Lovely all around, Cheyenne!
Looks like you guys had a blast! Miss you! xoxo
Post a Comment