I am reading a book right now that I find intriguing and inspiring. It's a Christian book that breaks down 30 character qualities of Christ and spends each chapter focusing on one.....such as Availability, Confidence, Faithfulness, Humble, Joyful, Patient and Thankful. All good stuff that I need more of. The biggest idea that has been driven into my heart (AGAIN) is to never let what is URGENT distract you from what is IMPORTANT. I can, with the best of intentions, spend so much time on things that are great for my little family, but what is really important in that moment is that I sit down with my daughter after school and really LISTEN to her talk about her day......and there are a million other examples.
I'm going to do better.
Sadly, Carol had to head home after a great visit last week. We love every minute of having her here. Always.
Peyton trying on one of Carol's wigs. Too funny!!
Carol and I took Morgan to the Children's Museum and then out to lunch. I could totally get use to her being around for afternoon adventures!!After school on Friday, we took the kids out to the Lake House for an overnight trip to enjoy some 80+ degree weather. It was gorgeous!!
This drifted dock provided endless entertainment for the kids. We kidnapped it about a .25 mile away in the lake and pushed it back to shore with our paddle boat. Not an easy task and the kids were pretty proud.
I love the above picture. It captures some of what I love about the lake. Deaven and Peyton lost in some game, sitting out on a floating dock, feet dangled in the water, soaking in the sunshine, with absolutely no idea what time it is.......and not caring.
There was also a new paddle boat to enjoy and the kids spent HOURS in this.
You can see the kids STILL out in the paddle boat while Will and I watch on by the campfire.
Mmm......this little munchkin'.........might just be the end of me. If you heard whining coming from our neighborhood around 9:30 last night, that was her, on my lap, outside in the yard, having a stubborn fit that I was unwilling to keep the rest of the kids up for.
Saturday morning, Will took off early to get in a climb up Mt. Ellinor. Perfect day for climbing!!
Amazing view from the top. That's Lake Cushman in the background.
Just after lunch, he was back and playing with the kids. Deaven and I had just gotten done laying on the dock for 30 minutes watching a bald eagle sit on a tree branch right off our dock. Man, they are HUGE!!
Will held down the fort while I did a little Kayak loop around the lake's shore line. That's my idea of a work out!!
Another joy of the cabin......playing Chess. Deaven beat me for the first time this weekend, that little turkey!! I LOVE that he is growing and able to do more grown up things with us.
Little Morgster. So often when we tell her something exciting (like there are going to be fruit snacks handed out), she give us this WIDE EYED expression.........and holds it......for a long time. It cracks us up!!
Once you start to laugh, her face becomes a little more something like this. Just a quick, kind of boring video of a ton of little fish jumping during the evening. It was fun and relaxing to watch. They did this for hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment