Family

Family

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My little sweetness

Every day I become more aware of how Peyton is growing up. It's fun to share in that experience with her. I love having a "girl in the house". I grew up with all boys, so this is a welcomed change of pace. :) (And Odie........sheesh, that face!)
As I mentioned before, Peyton has stopped doing gymnastics, but is trying her hardest to keep her splits down for potential dancing and cheer leading in the future.

Racquetball Catch Up:

I haven't really even mentioned Racquetball since our big tourney in November. Will and I are both still playing, and LOVING going to the gym on Saturday mornings to play doubles together. We are making a pretty good team these days!!

Personally, I've been training hard and have had a blessing walk into my life.

It's kind of a long story, but Jim Winterton, a world renowned coach and current coach of the #1 player in the world, has taken a bit of interest in me and my game. We met last November, and thanks to a few of the Pro Girls, he spent a little extra time getting to know me. Since then, we've gotten to be good friends and he's begun to coach me a bit on the side. He lives in NY, but I send him video and he "coaches" it, sends it back for me to download, where I can hear his comments and see his markings on the screen, etc. It's pretty incredible and I am so grateful. Most people need/want a coach to help them stay accountable and disciplined. For me, that's not it. I am pretty disciplined when it comes to my training........but what I've appreciated is his belief in me and his emotional investment in me. He often tells me all the things I'm doing right, before he starts in on the list of what I need to change. What's been wonderful is that the more I've gotten to know him, the more I'm grateful he's in my life. He is positive and uplifting, devoted to his family and just a good Christian man. There is no doubt about it, I'm one lucky girl.
Speaking of Racquetball........I am actually leaving tomorrow for my first "out of town" Pro Stop in Cincinnati. The Pro Tour has an event literally 9 miles from one of my dearest, most long standing friends, Christy (friends since we were 12). How was I going to pass that up!!??

I am going into this event ranked #41 on the tour. I'm hoping to slowly improve on that ranking over the next several years, but the events I'll hit will be few and far between.

One VERY excited thing though is that at the event in Cincinnati, I am also playing Pro Doubles......with Rhonda Rajsich!! 5 time World Champ!! Pretty incredible! Hope I can hold up my end of the bargain.

Thanks to my sweet hubby for holding down the fort. This trip is my "Christmas Present", but as always, I feel a little guilty jumping ship, even though I know I'll come back totally rejuvenated and ready to jump into the trenches.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow..so incredible! You deserve every last ounce of success and happiness! Kick some trash girlie! Love you to pieces!

The Woolf Pack said...

Good luck Cheyenne!

Shawn said...

Cheyenne - ask her about AdvoCare! Hope you have great success in your matches.