I finally got my camera pictures loaded onto my computer, so here is a quick bit of catch up. Our good friends, the Mahoney's, helped care for some baby lambs for a few weeks. They were SO CUTE! They were smaller than Odie, too! Peyton and I got to feed them, too.
Amid all the crazy packing days at the old house, Morgan and I found time to have a Tea Party and enjoy the nice weather. I'll miss my munchkin when she is in full day school next year.
Peyton and Morgan have been doing dance for the last 6 months. Peyton performed at a small show a few weeks back and then walked in a parade with her group.
Both girls have their big show this coming Saturday.
Morgan's little group is so cute!! Morgan LOVES her outfit.
For weeks before the move, I kept boxing things up and filling up the garage. It was amazing how little we actually functioned on during the last week. Makes you realize how much STUFF we build into our lives that is not really necessary. Family, Food, God, Chocolate. Everything else is just fluff. :)
At the new house, we are on 1.3 acres. We LOVE it!! Will got a riding lawn mower and lucky for me, it's super easy to use.
The kids play on the swing set for hours.
It was a bucket list item for us to grow a sunflower this year, which became a little tricky as we are eventually tearing most this yard up (to put in an irrigation system and make it nicer). I wasn't sure where to plant it that it would be safe! We will see how big we can get this thing.
There was a left over Barbie out in the play set from the prior owners. It was pretty nasty, so Deaven got to roast it over the campfire. That was about the best day of his life!
We have moved into a cul-de-sac with lots of kids. The girls in particular have 3 other girls right next to us to play with. They have been in total heaven. That is our home behind them.
Truly, this new house (and property.......and neighborhood) is everything I wanted for my kids childhood. We just can't stop talking about how blessed we feel. That childhood where you play outside from morning until bedtime, that you can ride your bike down the middle of the street through your neighborhood, that you run in and through several families homes as you play with everyone, where you have a forest and stream to play in in your own backyard........that is the world my kids just stepped into. God is good. So, so good.
1 comment:
I'm so excited for you guys and the new house! That is the one thing our home is missing...more kids in the neighborhood.
Can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment