One of the things I put on our family bucket list for 2013 was to run a 5K. I haven't ran competitively since high school, and even then, I wasn't running anything longer than a 1/2 mile. I signed up for the Run for Rett, which raises money to bring awareness for Rett's Syndrome, which affects a ton of young kids.
I didn't know what to expect at all, but I trained best I could......until we found a house and moved. I lost my rhythm completely and I almost decided (with 10 days to go and having not ran in weeks) to just do it another time.......but then I realized that was stupid and I should just race......and have fun.
So that's what I did (after cramming a few last minute work outs in) and amazingly enough, I actually WON the woman's overall and came in 11 for the whole race (men included) of 145 racers!!! I would have NEVER expected that! I was floored. I had a ton of fun running and being back in the mindset of racing and trying to "catch" people.
After I was done, both girls joined in a kids dash. I was so proud of Peyton who ran the whole 1/2 mile.
So it's officially summer now! The above picture is the kid's breakfast on the last day of school......Green Eggs and Ham!! (and a muffin).
Here's to summer!!!
1 comment:
I knew you could do it! Being at Roland and Molly's track meets this spring has brought back fond memories of watching you race.
Post a Comment