
Last Friday, I went up to the church Cannery and some of you asked what that was all about. Well, in a nutshell, our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, has a HUGE welfare program that is two fold. The first part is to help the members of the church become as self reliant as possible if needs be. This includes encouraging us to have a three month supply of food that you would regularly eat on hand if possible as well as a long term food storage of more basics like rice, beans and wheat. In addition to these things they encourage you to maintain a nice savings of money and 72 hours kits (ours has food, water, money, copies of all our licenses, credit cards, social security cards, deed of our home, clothes, books and toys for the kids, diapers even some chocolate!! In the case of an emergency, we could take these bins and leave and be good for a few days). Anyway, the cannery is set up so you can go and work for a few hours to can your own food for CRAZY CHEAP! It's comforting during these crazy times to be prepared this way, because you just never know what could happen. The second part of the church's welfare program is designed to step in an help the community in a time of need, such as the floods last year. Next to the cannery is the Bishop's Storehouse where they keep things to help in an event of a disaster or other immediate needs that could come up. Anyway, here are a few pics for those of you that were interested.....




Will and I are starting to remodeling our Master Bathroom. We turned this house upside when we moved in 2002, but stopped at our bathroom. It's covered in pink tile and pink and blue wallpaper. Nice, huh? As we move along, I'll include some pictures......just taking the wallpaper off right now.



And can a get a HUGE AMEN to the fact that it's 7:22 and the sun is still up!!?? Love it!
7 comments:
so is WIll in his garments?
I didn't know you guys ar Mormons! That Cannery place is a super great idea, very cool.
I haven't been to the cannery ever...my parents are always stocking up there. I hate the process of a remodel but I love the results. Have fun..
Hurray for tackling your bathroom! I recognize the tub, tile and wallpaper - I thought we were the only ones suffering with that decor. We're remodeling the other two baths first, but we'll get to ours eventually. It looks like it's much bigger than yours (sorry), so I'm not excited about the elbow grease involved in stripping all the walls...
Love those shorts Will! Can't beat the cannery! I love that place! And YES! AMEN to 7:22pm and it's still light outside (and we DID have SUN today, huh!)
Head! Pants! Now!
Pleeaaassseeee tell me I did not just see Will in mesh??!!
Post a Comment