Family

Family

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

5 years ago today.......

5 years ago today, Will had open heart surgery. He had a condition called Mitral-Valve Prolapse, which means that one of his valves wasn't working properly and blood was flowing in the wrong direction because of it.....which is turn, made his heart have to work really hard. It was a fluke that we caught it before he had a heart attack. I had a random impression to schedule him for a physical check up (how often do you do those as an adult??) and they found the problem after a series of tests. I was pregnant with Peyton and after a second opinion, we decided to wait till Peyton was 6 months to make the whole situation a little less stressful. Will's surgery took I think about 2-3 hours (the surgical write up actually says.....at 11:04 we attempted to start William's heart......now THAT'S reassuring!). It was a very intense day, though the night before the surgery is what really got me. Seeing him bathe in iodine to cleanse his body while giving me instructions of what do to with the business and family if he doesn't make it......not fun. Obviously, he DID make it, and has had minimal effects since. Will was in the intensive care for 2 days and then the telemetry unit for another 4. Once we came home, he couldn't work or drive for 6 weeks and couldn't mow the lawn for 2-3 months. It was a little crazy to see him so weak. We have some pictures, but I don't have the time to scan them in right now. Anyway, cheers to the continued life of my husband! Happy anniversary baby!

We did have a GREAT time this past weekend! That post is coming. Will and I both played pretty well at State. Will got to his quarter finals (with a draw of 29 people!!) and I place 3rd in the Women's Open. Super excited about that! I had a great birthday too!

Discovery Bay Trip post coming soon.........

3 comments:

5Youngers said...

WOW... I had no clue about all that Will has gone through, and you and your family. God was really watching over you and sending you personal revelation to have Will have that physical. What a blessing to KNOW what you are grateful for. May God continue to watch out for you family... and happy anniversary... with many, many, many more to come!

on a side note... we were only in Seattle for about 16 hours... it was a very short weekend. Next time we come up for more than just one day we will be sure to look you and your family up.

Anonymous said...

Time flies.....Talk about an amazing story. It just goes to show how precious life is.

The Woolf Pack said...

Those are the reasons I am so thankful for the inspiration that we are given. You are guys are both tough cookies and enjoy all of life's moments.
Hope you had a great Anniversary!