Family

Family

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Camera Shopping

Okay everyone, I need some help. My current camera is on it's last leg, and we are leaving for a big trip to family and Disneyland in a few weeks. I need a new one, but I'm not sure what to get. I do love to take pictures and would love the ability to edit them a bit ON the camera and such, BUT I also love the small one I have that can fit INSIDE our video camera case (and even my pocket) for easy carrying. Do any of you have a camera that you want to recommend? Or suggestions of a good place to go to shop for one? Thanks!!

8 comments:

Lutz Family said...

This weekend we bought a Sony Cybershot 8.0, 10x zoom. It was under 200.00. Good ol' Costco! I LOVE Canon but have noticed I get a number of blurry photos. So far I am a huge fan. It is quick and I have not had a blurry one yet. Only downfall was that I had to buy the sony memory stick rather than just pop in my old SD. It is not too big and has a grip on the end to avoid drops. I am pleased. :)

Michael + Anna Costa said...

I wish I could give you a good recommendation but we have the same problem. We don't like lugging around our professional camera's but don't like the quality of the little digital camera's either! Can't wait to see you soon! xoxo

Crystal said...

ok, so I have been camera shopping for like 2 years now. The camera i have now is fine, and i want a REAL camera. professional-ish. If you're looking in that direction, I have talked to everyone under the sun about different cameras, and i consistently get the same response. NIKON NIKON NIKON. when we have some money, i think that is the direction i will go. Supposedely they are best for portrait-type pics, which is what i want since i takes pics of my kids all the days of my life. hope that helps! good luck!

Crystal said...

one more thing,...small cameras that fit in your pocket usually suck. they're convenient, but the quality just isn't there. i have a small camera and it's not nearly as clear as the pics i take with my sony b/c my sony has a MUCH bigger lens. a big lens makes all the difference! just depends on whether or not you want to spend the BIG bucks on it.

shawn said...

Whether you get an SLR or a small camera, Costco has always been the best for me. And I go through a lot of cameras! (I ran over the last one, even!) For a point and shoot, I really liked my Panasonic the best. Stay away from Kodak Easy Shares - they have many problems. I have went through three, and the Costco people will even tell you Kodaks aren't very good quality right now. Have fun in Disneyland!

secwalker said...

Hey - I went through this a few months ago and feel like I looked at EVERY camera possible. We decided on the Canon SD 790 IS. It's small and takes nice pictures in good, natural light. Like any of the smaller digital cameras, once the light gets darker you have to choose between fuzzier pictures or the washed-out flash. But I've been really happy with it. You can check out more on www.cnet.com.

Harmon's said...

I agree with Crystal if your going to spend the money for a nice camera NIKON NIKON NIKON...costco has the D90 right now for 1300.00 (but it had lots of extra's) you can get them for cheaper if you don't want the lenses and such.
It is an awesome camera, but it is big..and i have a small Cannon for my pocket trips :) powershot SD790

Momma Sarah said...

We like Best Buy and thier warranties - that's how I've been able to replace my cameras and upgrade. I'll ask my sister what she got - she has been very pleased (she's an ameteur photographer like myself) with her 'purse/diaper bag' camera!