Family

Family

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catching Up

So last Saturday, we hit dinner at the kids FAVORITE place, the Japanese Steak House, where they grill it right in front of you. It's not very often we can justify going there, but for our little girls birthday, you got it! We didn't take El toro loco AKA: Morgan because, well, we just don't like to expose her to the public too frequently.
We were fresh off of Cub camp that same day (can you tell by my face???) so we were a little tired and HUNGRY! Speaking of Cub camp......look at this picture of my girls~
Is it me, or does is look like Peyton has Morgan in a complete choke hold? Crazy eyes too. Sheesh!
But the last day of scout camp was a doosey! LONG, HOT, and slightly unorganized, but the boys had a great time. Here they are showing off their eggs pins that got for catching a egg from 50ft and not letting it break.
Sunday after church, we packed up and headed to the lake for a few days. It was WONDERFUL!! Of course, we had family bonding like "bury the off-spring". Always a favorite.
Love being at the Lake House with no computer, video games, TV or other normal distractions.
9:20pm, 75 degrees, camp fire. Does it get any better?
Okay, maybe daisys in the hair during a family walk is pretty great too.

So Monday morning, Will headed off to go hike Mt. Ellinor again. I'll let him share his story....

Wow, I am training for climbing Mt. Rainer, so I decided to give Ellinor a quick run since it is only about 40 minutes from the lake house. Needless to say, once I got above the tree line it was Mountain Goat All you can see Buffet. At one point on the summit of the climb, I was about six feet away from I would think a two year old goat. We were eye to eye for about two minutes. It was one of the coolest out door experiences I have ever had.
Almost all the rock bluffs up the climb had mountain goats on them.
I saw about three different moms with their babies!
This is a shot about half-way up looking over Lake Cushmen
Another Goat looking over the bluff.

Will said that at one point he was literally following the the goats up the mountain. How cool is that!?

Later that day, the Mahoney's came out with their kids for a little play time. Here is Jamee with the girls. Speaking of kayaks, the next day, Will and I got Deaven and Peyton in kayaks by themselves for the first time (because the water was total glass) and they had so much fun.
And a quick little game of Farkle to end the evening. Will and I stayed another night and enjoyed a bunch more family time the next day. It was a GREAT get-a-way and much needed relaxation. We are so grateful for that place.

2 comments:

5Youngers said...

What a fun weekend! I love relaxing time!

Michael + Anna Costa Photographers said...

El Toro Loco!? Haha! You guys kill me - your so funny. Looks like you've been having a blast lately! Does it ever end!? xoxo, Anna