Family

Family

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Journal Keeping

As I mentioned in my last post, I have be spending HOURS reading through my personal childhood journals this week, and with all the journal reading I've been doing, I thought this was very timely....



Reading through my childhood journals, I can REALLY see the way the Lord was with me, shaping me, encouraging me and pushing me to become better. His hand was in my life often, and I know it still is now. I have enjoyed so much reading my personal journals, and it's made me definitely want to be more committed to writing consistantly again. Since marriage, I started keeping a family journal, then journals for the kids but my personal journal became something I only picked up once every few months.

A few Time Out for Women's ago, a catch phrase caught on with a friend and myself of "Tender Mercies". Times in our days where we realized that the Lord had sparred us heartache, answered an unspoken prayer, protected our children and even saved us from total personal embarrassment. I think to myself daily, "There's a Tender Mercy"!

Then we had the lesson last Sunday regarding our "Personal Ministry" here on earth, reminding us of all the good we CAN do on behalf of the Savior for the people around us.

So with all that said, and the urging from President Eyring, I am going to start writing in my journal daily again. Blogging doesn't really count, because the personal time of reflection I need on a daily basis would come across A. Self-indulgent B. Boring C. Embarrassing. So I'm keeping that to myself. And if I'm too busy to leave any really good entry, I will still take the time to write two things:

1. How did I see the Lord's Hand in my life today?
2. What did I do today to "minister" to another person, as He would if He were here?

By causing myself to remember, reflect and be accountable, I hope to become more grateful and willing to pass along the incredible blessings the Lord has given me.

Join me in a little more reflective record keeping? I'd love to hear if you do.....

No comments: