Family

Family

Friday, April 2, 2010

My Easter Thoughts

I would have to say that Easter is possibly my favorite holiday, in terms of what we are truly celebrating, the Life and Atonement of the Savior. It is beautiful. It is priceless, and though I have tremendous passion for a multitude of things in my life, there is NOTHING more important to me than my faith and knowledge of my Savior, and what that MEANS to me.

You often hear people say, I know the Savior lives and loves me, but to me, what's most important is finding the application of that knowledge. Why does that belief make difference?

This morning I pondered over that question. How is my life different because I know the Savior lives and performed the Atonement? Here are my truths:

  • Because of this knowledge, I know that there is someone that loves my husband and my children even more than I do. Luckily for me, He wants to be my partner as I strive to be the best mother and wife I can. I will be far more successful with His help.
  • Because of this knowledge, I can feel the peace that comes from knowing that someone believes in me more than I do. He wants to see me succeed and be happy. Even when I don't think I'm enough, He will make up the difference if I ask for His help.
  • Because of this knowledge, I am reminded that the world focuses on things that are only temporary. The Lord would have us focus on things eternal. When we die, what we have done for ourselves dies with us, but what we have done for others remains. I am confident that we will not be having conversations about handbags, celebrities, cars and weight in Heaven. That would be silly. I just need to remember that now.
  • Because of this knowledge, I remember that I need to be accountable. This life is not a free for all. We should have purpose, strive after growth and seek a heart full of love. I will someday have to account for how I spent my time, energy and talents, and I want to feel proud of the difference I might have made because of them.
  • Because of this knowledge, I know that I ALWAYS have the ability to COME BACK. Literally, hundreds of times, I have made that commitment to the Lord to seek Him first, knowing that as I do that, he will guide my efforts in all other areas of my life. However, hundreds of times, I have lost my focus, been humbled with trials and reminded of my personal weaknesses as I lead a selfish life. But like the amazing FRIEND and SAVIOR that He is, IN THE VERY MOMENT I bring my focus and priority back to Him, He is right there, ready to get back to work with me. It's like He's been waiting for me.........
  • Because of this knowledge, I am comforted through the times of "motherly panic" when I worry about losing one of my children. I know that because of His sacrifice, WE WILL be a family FOREVER, not just till death do we part. It makes all the hard work of growing these family relationships worth it, because they will last forever.
  • Because of this knowledge, I should constantly make time to learn more about His perfect example through reading the scriptures and saying my prayers. It's one thing to praise Him for being perfect, it's another to actively strive to model your life after Him.
  • Because of this knowledge, I am reassured that He is not some distant being of Deity, but my brother and friend, who wants to be involved in my life. Those feelings of peace and joy through out my day, come from Him. He is with me.
  • Because of this knowledge, I know that in the end, I'm on the right team. Period. Though evil, selfishness, money and fame prevail now, the day will come that the good guys will win and what's truly important can no longer be denied.
Here is a short video of the Savior's life set to the song His Hands, a personal favorite. It reminds us all that we are capable of as we try to pattern our life after the Savior's. (You will want to go up and PAUSE my player).

Have a wonderful Easter everyone! God Bless!

5 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

This is beautiful Cheyenne. Happy Easter to all of you from us!

Friesslings said...

Thanks so much for sharing that! You are such a fabulous person!

Leah Florence said...

Easter is so important and I am glad you posted your thoughts, it was very inspiring and true.

Hillary said...

I'm a total wreck. You worded that absolutely beautiful. The more I learn, the more I marvel at his sacrifice. It is everything. Thank you for sharing. I love you!