This week has been a tough one for me. Morgan seems to have hit some kind of mid-life crisis or something and EVERYTHING has been a challenge. While I firmly believe that when kids "act out" it's even more important as the parent to stay steady and consistent, which actually reassures the kids even more, but sometimes, parenting the "right way" seems exhausting.
Of course, it's mostly little things, like running away from me when it's time to change a diaper. Locking me out of the car when I'm trying to get everyone in their seats. Refusing to eat food. Demanding a certain sippy cup. Hiding from me when it's time to leave the house. Blah, Blah. You guys know the drill. I can take a few days of defiance, but this time it's seemed to drag on forever.
I've always said that I'd so much prefer for my girl's to be strong-willed and feisty rather than be push overs when they are older. I stand by that, but pray for help to harness that passion a little longer.
Anyway, when I saw this video this morning, I cried. Mostly because I needed some reassurance. Kind of like when you ENJOY going to the doctor's visits when you have a newborn born so you can show off how well your kid is growing and how beautiful they are and you get a million people telling you that you are doing a great job (maybe I just got lucky).
Of course, I know that this season will pass, and I will probably ACHE for it someday, but I need some more stamina.....like now would be good.
Don't forget to pause my player before you watch.
4 comments:
Somedays you just want to give them to Grandma, huh? (works for me!!!)
I can sympathize. How can it be that your 3rd can make you feel like a complete idiot? With personality traits, I agree that it is pay now or pay later. A defiant toddler can turn into a strong young woman, but a compliant one may be a push over for anyone with an opinion.
Thanks, I needed to hear that message today. I often think they got it wrong with the "terrible twos" and meant "threes" instead. Hang in there!
After four, I became convinced that the Terrible Twos were really Terrible 2.5 to 3.5. As for the video, where else do you find such a wonderful tribute that deals with the practical day-to-day trials like the toilet seat grip? That whole message is wonderful and true in every respect.
Hang in there, dear one.
Dad
Post a Comment